Al Tayer Group
Al Tayer Group presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for position of a Retail Manager in Dubai, UAE. Al Tayer Group is a privately held holding company of UAE, established in 1979. Presently, the group has workforce in 6 countries in the Middle East, including around 200 stores and 23 showrooms in numerous markets in the Middle East. The company has its Headquarters in Dubai, UAE and employs around 9,000 people. It has partnered with world’s most Prestigious and Well-known retail, beauty and automotive brands, including Armani, Banana Republic, Harvey Nichols, Gap, Bloomingdales, Ford, Ferrari and Maserati.
Job Purpose of Retail Manager
The Retail Manager is responsible for achieving market sales, profitability goals, achieving and maintaining high operational and merchandising standards, building highly motivated teams.
Duties of A Retail Manager
- Drive sales, monitor performance and identify commercial opportunities and make recommendations to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Cultivate a culture of excellent customer service, leading by example. Resolve customer complaints effectively and promptly.
- Minimise stock loss through the management, implementation and adherence of ATG policies and procedures.
- Visual Merchandising standards are maintained within brand guidelines. Implement Company expectations of standards, maintenance and cleanliness.
- Ensure all Company policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Ensure Company Health & Safety standards are adhered to at all times.
- Monitor sales per square foot to ensure maximum productivity within brand and store specifications.
- Keep abreast of market trends and competitor activity and provide feedback/recommendations to the Company.
- Provide and analyse reports in order to gain understanding of current performance trends, to identify commercial opportunities and ensure Buying/Planning are aware of stock related feedback.
- Prepare and implement stock takes in store in liaison with the relevant teams.
- Recommend, manage and/or support sales promotions and brand activities through effective planning and preparation to meet expectations. Feedback to relevant parties.
- Establish and maintain effective professional relationships with key business partners.
- Understand customer profiles and ensure feedback is provided on Marketing, Buying and Planning to relevant parties.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive store growth and increase revenue.
- Maintain strong relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Provide leadership and direction to team members towards the achievement of goals and objectives.
- Conduct regular staff meetings and provide ongoing training and development opportunities.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in business, retail management, marketing, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5-6 years experience of successfully running a profitable retail store within a luxury home environment.
- Has interior design background experience.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead motivate and develop team-members.
- Proven track record of building collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to evaluate business opportunities and identify potential risks.
- A proactive approach and initiative.
- To multitask and work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Customer focused and dealing with escalations.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.