Al Futtaim Group
Al Futtaim Group is presently looking for suitable candidate for the job position of an Operations Manager Landside Services to work in Al Futtaim Logistics. Established in the 1930 as a trading business, Al Futtaim Group today is one of most diversified & progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai. Structured into five operating divisions automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare, with more than 35,000 employees in more than 20 countries in Middle East, Asia and Africa. Group partners with over 200 of world’s most admired and innovative brands. Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables them to continue to grow and expand, responding to the changing needs of customers.
Job Purpose of An Operations Manager
- Oversee the entire road freight operations and financial performance of the road freight department within Al Futtaim Logistics.
- Manage the procurement of road freight and road freight contracts for major customers at periodical intervals.
- Manage the procurement of cross border and local transport from local vendors and plan the costing with own fleet.
Duties of An Operations Manager
- Create and monitor annual budgets and plans for cross border operations in order to ensure smooth operation and cost control.
- Design, develop and implement operations for various clients and grow revenues.
- Monitor and recommend improvements to policies and procedures, including quality, health and safety, security and local and international regulations in order to ensure excellent service to customers on a timely basis.
- Identification of best suppliers, negotiation of the best services and rates, monitoring of their performance, conducting a review with them and determining whether the suppliers should be qualified or not.
- Designing, developing and implementing road transport distribution strategy for a variety mix of clients.
- Developing & maintaining good relationship with customers (both internal and external) and approved suppliers.
- Identifying the best suppliers, negotiate the best services and rates, monitor their performances, conduct review with them, qualify/disqualify based on merits.
- To actively lead both the local distribution and cross border teams in the achievement of its goals and KPIs.
- Bachelors degree or diploma preferably in Supply Chain Logistics.
- 2-3 years of experience in freight Industry.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Strong management & leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge in all aspects of Middle East cross border transportation.
- Thorough knowledge about GCC customs and border regulations, Free zones in UAE and neighboring market.