A job opening for Specialist Orthopedics / Orthopedist has been announced by Aster DM Healthcare for Aster Medical Center Arjan in Dubai, UAE. Aster DM Healthcare is a Private network of World-class centres, bringing quality care to every Neighbourhood in GCC. With an inherent emphasis on clinical excellence, it is one of the few entities in the world with a strong presence across Primary, Secondary, Tertiary and Quaternary healthcare through its hospitals, clinics and pharmacies. They have over 20,000 plus dedicated employees, delivering a simple yet strong promise of treating well to their different Stakeholders. Aster DM Healthcare reaches out to all Economic segments in the GCC countries through its Differentiated Healthcare services across the “Aster”, “Medcare” and “Access” brands.
Role of Specialist Orthopedics
At Aster DM Healthcare UAE (Dubai), the job purpose of an Orthopedics Specialist / Consultant (Orthopedist) is to be responsible for the Orthopedic Department which provides surgical care, including Diagnosis, Pre-operative care, all major and minor Operative procedures and Post-surgery care.
Responsibilities of Orthopedics Specialist
- Ensure the following of established medical, ethical and legal procedures.
- Professional care of assigned patients. Providing Consultation on complex cases.
- Work Independently on Technical and Professional assignments, informing HOD of problems encountered and action taken.
- Monitor the care of all patients receiving Orthopedic surgical treatment.
What you’ll do
- Keep up with the Current Developments in the field of Orthopedic surgery.
- Keep the surgical staff Up-to-date on surgical process through Department Discussions, Lectures and In-service training.
- Participate in the Professional aspects of the Department to meet the Established Standards of HAAD & JCI.
- Assist in the Development of improved methods and job simplification.
- Participate in special studies concerning Development or Revision of existing Procedures, Policies and Practices.
- Strictly observe Organization’s medical regulations and policies especially those related to infection control, patient safety, patient assessment and patient care.
- Perform other Miscellaneous related duties as requested by the HOD.
Education & Experience
- MBBS degree holder from an Accredited Institute
- Post-Graduate Masters degree or equivalent Fellowships in Orthopedics approved by DOH.
- 2-3 experience in the practice as Orthopedics Specialist, post Certification.
- Current licensure in country of origin and with DOH license to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of Arabic language is Desirable but not Essential.
- Knowledge of Medical Ethics.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Communication Skills and Interpersonal Skills.