A job opening for Specialist Pediatrics / Pediatrician has been announced by Aster DM Healthcare for Aster Medical Center in Dubai, UAE. Aster DM Healthcare is a Private network of World-class centres, bringing quality care to every Neighbourhood in GCC. With an inherent emphasis on clinical excellence, it is one of the few entities in the world with a strong presence across Primary, Secondary, Tertiary and quaternary healthcare through its hospitals, clinics and pharmacies. They have over 20,000 plus dedicated employees, delivering a simple yet strong promise of treating well to their different Stakeholders. Aster DM Healthcare reaches out to all Economic segments in the GCC countries through its Differentiated Healthcare services across the “Aster”, “Medcare” and “Access” brands.
Job Description of Specialist Pediatrics
The job purpose of a Pediatrician / Pediatrics Specialist at Aster DM Healthcare UAE (Dubai) is to diagnose Medical illnesses and provide Treatment with focus on the overall health of the patient (children).
Responsibilities of Specialist Pediatrics
- Reach an Informed Diagnosis based on patients medical history, examinations and tests results.
- Prescribe and Interpret lab tests/ diagnostic tests to obtain more information for underlying Pathologies.
- Prescribe Medications or drugs and provide Comprehensive Instructions for Administration.
- Make Professional, Autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from another Healthcare Professionals.
- Offer expert clinical opinions relating to Pediatric care and take independent responsibility for the clinical care of patients.
- Develop & Administer Healthcare Management plans in consultation with patients and in line with current Treatment and Management protocols.
- Provide Holistic care and health education.
- Admit or Discharge patients to and from the caseload. Make Referrals to other Healthcare Professionals and Providers as appropriate.
- Carry out Comprehensive and Systematic assessments of patients and manage them based on clinical Guidelines and Evidence based practice.
- Work alongside and maintain good Communication channels with other Specialist services to optimize patient care and treatment outcomes.
What is expected from you
- Provide a Professional and ethical quality clinical services to patients in an Effective and Efficient manner.
- Monitor and manage clinical risks linked with direct patient care.
- Ensure Compliance with Clinical Governance and Quality Management Standards.
- Maintain accurate medical records.
- Ensure excellence in medical practice is maintained by focusing on constant professional development of self and others.
- Maintain honesty in professional services by executing clinical services in an ethical and responsible manner.
Qualification & Experience
- Basic medical degree and completion of fellowship in Pediatrics from recognized institute.
- Active and valid life support certification (e.g. BLS, ACLS, PALS, ATLS, NRP).
- At least 3-5 years’ post qualification experience as a Specialist (independent of country).
- Time Management.
- Empathy and Compassion.
- Interpersonal skills.