Abu Dhabi Ports presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for the position of a Senior Manager Strategic Projects. Role is based in Abu Dhabi but may have significant travel as a key component of the job, with a possibility of extended periods of time spent on site to manage project implementation of the allocated projects. This job has been recently posted by Abu Dhabi ports and desirous candidates can apply for this position to become part Abu Dhabi Ports !
Job Purpose of Senior Manager Strategic Projects
- The Senior Manager Strategic Projects will be responsible for reviewing existing projects and their operational, financial and commercial performance.
- Developing and implementing strategic plans to optimize operations, improve financial performance, and ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Responsible for the overall project management of new commercial projects, including acting as focal point for respective clients while managing both internal and external stakeholders as well as vendors, government authorities etc.
Duties of A Senior Manager Strategic Projects
- Interpreting and challenging supplier performance metrics (schedules, risk registers, change requests, EVM reporting etc).
- Developing of reporting materials for internal and external stakeholders.
- Continually improve capabilities within team as required.
- Overseeing the overall integrated project schedule combining all managed projects.
- Leading and supporting the development of high level ‘what-if’ scenario planning in support of project decision-making.
- Ensure clearly documented outcomes are in place for all project activities.
- Ensuring project risk management and change management processes are in place and being followed.
- Maintaining and optimizing documentation management approaches for the project, in line with ADP standards.
- Ensuring the project’s compliance with ADP gate review requirements as required.
What You’ll Do More?
- Participating in technical deep-dive reviews and project audits as required.
- Lead and manage site discovery in order to assess the client’s needs.
- Leading engagements with clients to understand and interpret business challenges into functional design specifications, through to iterative rapid prototyping solutions.
- Provide an implementation proposal based on the outcome of the site discovery.
- Lead creation of the project plan including the implementation phase.
- Advising assigned teams to interpret business requirements and create the technical solution with them.
- Building and sustaining client relationships.
- Effectively leading diverse teams, enabling an inclusive team culture where people are recognized for their contribution.
- Lead and manage a team of professionals, including direct reports to execute projects.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, suppliers and government and regulatory agencies, to resolve issues and ensure the smooth operation of the port/terminal.
- In collaboration with commercial team, conduct a commercial review of existing volumes and growth opportunities to identify potential revenue streams and make recommendations for future growth areas and opportunities.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as business, engineering, or operations management.
- 4-5 years previous project management experience.
- Strong staff management/leadership experience, including experience leading teams in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Knowledge of relevant safety regulations and standards.
- Proven ability to develop and implement operational plans, including equipment and yard strategies and commercial review.