Dubai Customs UAE presently requires suitably qualified candidate for the job position of a Senior Project Manager. Dubai Customs is a leading Government Department taking part in enhancing sustainable development and promoting Dubai’s image worldwide. It works relentlessly to deliver top notch services to clients by innovating new ways & methods to facilitate Customs Procedures, in line with Dubai Government Strategic Plan. Organization endeavors to consolidate Emirate’s position, maintain rates of economic growth & support creativity / innovation within UAE. Dubai Customs also plays a key role in protecting the community from the infiltration of drugs and prohibited goods to local use.
Job Purpose of a Senior Project Manager
Oversee and successfully deliver Dubai Customs projects, ensuring they meet objectives, budget and agreed timelines.
Job Duties of A Senior Project Manager At Dubai Customs
- Planning, monitoring and controlling project.
- Defining and applying methodology.
- Builds and maintains project planning tools and techniques.
- Defines & implements project review, change control and acceptance procedures that conform to chosen project methodology
- Taking a lead role in the assessment of the commitment of IT (including 3rd parties) and the Business Unit and the associated risks, the proof of concept process, prepares and validates the project plan, provides input to and underwrites the project budget and inputs to management.
- Acquisition, assessment, assignment and management of the resources required (IT and/or 3rd parties /suppliers) for project.
- Identification of issues and assessment of risk pre-contract and throughout the project life.
- Identifies and executes a course of action designed to minimise or avert risk.
- Develops risk models. Recommends contingency provisions in the project budget.
- Taking accountability for theproject financials.
- Produces and maintains a project budget.
- Assures and authorises billable (including 3rd party) deliverables to be processed for payment.
- Identifying the quality management system and the quality control responsibilities for all aspects of the project activity, including the processes of audit to identify potential/actual areas of non-conformance areas where improvement is possible.
- Manages conformance to the contract and delivery of commitments. Defines supply and maintenance requirements.
- Ensure the governance standards and project methodology as defined by the PMO are followed in all the phases of different project.
- Liaise with Domain stakeholders and client periodically in order to ensure their requirements are taken into consideration at every project associated with Domain.
- Arrange suitable training & mentoring for test team.
- Discuss performance issue with reportees and monitor their KPIs.
- Develop & monitor individual development plan for employees in the section.
- Manage people issues and resolve conflicts in the team.
- Mentor employees and lead other employee engagement activities.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor Degree in IT or related fileld.
- Certification in Project Management.
- Certification in Program Management.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in project management with experience in project financials.