Pakistan Islamia Higher Secondary School
Pakistan Islamia Higher Secondary School is seeking an experienced Psychologist/ SEN Coordinator / School Counselor in Sharjah UAE. PIHSS is the largest Pakistani school in UAE committed to provide global competence. If this job interests you and you come up to the eligibility criteria, submit your application right away.
Role of School Counselor
Analyzing and comprehending mental processes and emotional state of the students and providing guidance to those seeking psychological support and counseling.
Duties of School Counselor
- Conduct routine check ups of students to assess their mental health and discover psychological problems.
- Give advice and counseling for healthy lifestyle and prevent from actions that have a negative impact on physical and mental health.
- Use psychological knowledge in practice.
- Support students and staff by addressing mental and emotional health concerns or behavioral issues.
- Utilize excellent communication skills to uncover complex mental health issues.
- Develop and advise treatment plans based on patient’s diagnosis and.
- Collaborate with school faculty, staff, and parents to provide the best care possible.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology from an Accredited Institute.
- 2-3 years professional experience preferably in an educational institution.
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Must possess deep knowledge of diagnostic techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Great Listener.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite.
- Empathetic and compassionate.