Wood UAE is presently recruiting for a Regional Tendering & Proposals Manager to be based in their office in Abu Dhabi. The successful candidate will be responsible for all tenders and proposals across the Middle East projects and consulting business units. The selected candidate will have specialist tendering, proposal preparation, commercial and contractual skills and knowledge relating to the oil, gas and chemicals sector. This job has recently been posted by Wood UAE and is now open to apply.
Purpose of Regional Tendering & Proposals Manager
- Responsible for managing the tendering and proposals resources within the Middle East.
- Mentors and coach direct reports in tendering and proposals processes and personnel development and training.
- Providing direction and leadership for all tendering and proposals personnel working within designated region, covering all corporate governance and tendering / proposals deliverables throughout the pre contract activities.
- Reporting to the corporate commercial function, deliver tenders and proposals in line with Tender Governance Procedures.
- Implementation and delivery of key policies and procedures including Tender Governance Procedures.
Job Duties of A Regional Tendering & Proposals Manager
- Responsible for managing the tendering and proposal’s function and associated resources within the Middle East region.
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment and demonstrate correct HSE behaviours and leadership.
- Implementation of the tendering win strategy for growth within the region for the Consulting and Projects Business Group.
- Manages and provides team members with direction in tendering / proposals activities during the tender life cycle from EOI receipt to contract award and handover to project delivery team.
- Ensure delivery, documentation and compliance with the tender governance procedures through approval to prepare, approval to submit and approval to contract in accordance with the delegation of authority.
- Preparation of tender / proposal estimates in accordance with ITB requirements and Wood procedures.
- Carry out commercial / financial checks on potential clients.
- Coordinating and expediting technical inputs for bid submission.
- Request ensuring of bonds and guarantees in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain price benchmarking information in conjunction with P&O and Recruitment.
- Obtaining all necessary tax, insurance and treasury advice and ensuring same is incorporated into proposal pricing.
- Providing effective pre contract commercial management and tender budget control.
- Ensure estimates are constructed in an auditable and competitive manner whilst ensuring risk mitigations.
- Management of proposals and commercial interface and ensuring effective handover of commercial matters from pre contract to post contract phase of projects.
- Liaises with various internal customers with regards to commercial management, risk reviews, corporate reporting & contractual discussions.
- Liaises with various external interfaces (Clients, sub-contractors, suppliers) with regards to tendering, contractual and commercial requirements.
- Resource competent tendering, estimating and proposals personnel are assigned within the department.
- Ensure direct reports complete all ethics, business code of conduct and all other mandatory training.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce, quantity surveying, engineering or similar discipline.
- Minimum 10 years experience in a similar leadership / management role.
- Experience in estimating, tendering and proposals in oil, gas and Petrochemical industries.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Competent in preparation of proposals.
- Coaching skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to WOOD and client core values.
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation.
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage others.
- Ability to prioritise key tasks and solve problems for the team.
- Ability to mentor and coach direct reports.