NMC Healthcare is looking for suitably qualified and professionally skilled candidate for job position of a Radiology Specialist. The selected aspirant will work at NMC Royal Womens Hospital Abu Dhabi, UAE. This job was published by NMC on 14 September 2023 and capable aspirants can apply for this position.
Job Purpose of A Radiology Specialist
The Radiologist will interpret and perform diagnostic and therapeutic imaging procedures within the Scope of Radiology Department. The service includes plain films, fluoroscopy, GI studies, angiography, invasive procedures, ultrasound, mammography, bone densitometry DEXA, Pelvic & OBGYN ultrasound and Breast.
Job Duties of A Radiology Specialist
- Serves as a diagnostic radiological consultant to physicians.
- Responsible for assessment and reassessment of patients.
- Interprets all types of general radiological examinations.
- Interprets and performs those requiring fluoroscopy, special procedures, angiography, ultrasound, scanning within the limits of her training, experience, and clinical privileges, and with the approval of the Chief of Radiology.
- Read reports and record results for review by physicians.
- Diagnose patient illnesses through diagnostic and therapeutic imaging procedures.
- Recommend and discuss treatment options with the physicians.
- Examine patients records & medical histories.
- Work alongside with the technologists and when appropriate to instruct the technologists in specialized views and positioning of patients when unusual or difficult problems arise.
- To do the anomaly scans and provide reports to physicians.
- Covers the Emergency Service by promptly responding to on calls for consultation.
- Attends committee meetings when so assigned by the Head of department and / or Medical Director / or Hospital Administrator.
- Strictly adheres to organization’s medical regulations and policies especially those related to infection control, patient safety, patient assessment, patient care and OSHMS.
- Participates and contributes to all the quality assurance activities of the service (e.g. monthly mortality and morbidity conference, peer review, audit and chart review).
- Supports Continuous Quality Improvement. Develops, monitors and promotes appropriate standards of care including departmental KPI’s (Key performance indicators).
- Reviews journals, texts or periodicals in order to update latest techniques, procedures, drugs and therapy.
- Participates and contributes in scheduled in-service training programs, CMEs, divisional teaching activities, the regular physicians’ conference or other committees as requested.
- Responsible for implementing & following standard policies and procedures as required by HAAD, EHSMS, FANR, JCI, ISO & Other Statutory Requirements.
- Exercises effective interpersonal skills in dealings with department staff, with associates and with Management.
What You’ll Do More?
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient information and regarding administrative matters of a confidential nature.
- Supports Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Participates and contributes in developing departmental guidelines, protocols, manuals, pathways in line with international standards and statutory requirements alongside promoting appropriate standards of care to patients.
- Completing the patient file in all aspects as required by the standard of care in timely manner. No patient file is left incomplete in any aspect.
- Need to report to HAAD electronically whatever information required as per the timeline specified by them.
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to others in promoting effective communication.
- Develops thorough understanding of policies and procedures of the hospital and demonstrates respect for them.
- Utilizes and monitors to assure the use supporting services (Nursing, Operations Support, Pathology) in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Participates in the Quality Improvement Program of the hospital to meet international standards.
- Participates in the orientation of new technologists and new radiologist.
- Graduate of approved Medical School.
- Specialized training or 4 years experience as a practicing radiologist.
- Certification by American Board of Radiology or possession of a FRCR (Canada) in Diagnostic Radiology or the English FRCR (or equivalent).
- Current licensure in country of origin and with HAAD license or Eligibility to practice as a Licensed Radiologist in Abu Dhabi, UAE as per Department of Health (DoH) Regulations.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- Must have a thorough knowledge of medical ethics, with particular reference to the obligation to maintain the confidentiality of his work.
- Personality which inspires confidence and trust in his patients; and adhere to Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Organization.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Knowledge of Arabic language is desirable but not essential.
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with co-workers, superiors, patients & families.