NMC Healthcare presently has a job opening for eligible candidates for the position of a Specialist Neurologist. The candidate will be required to work at NMC Sunny Medical Centre in Sharjah UAE. This job was posted by NMC on 11 September 2023 and is now open for desirous applicants.
Job Purpose of A Specialist Neurologist
To diagnose and treat neurological disorders and conditions in patients, providing expert medical care and advice for neurological health.
Your Job Duties As A Specialist Neurologist
- To perform the professional duties of a Neurologist in accordance with the delineation of privileges as approved by the Credential Committee both in the OPD and IP.
- To oversee the operation of the Neurodiagnostic Laboratory (EEG, EMG) including the on-going training of the technicians if and when needed.
- Provides on-call emergency coverage for Neurologic emergencies.
- Participates in the monthly educational conferences.
- Supports Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Develops and promotes appropriate standards of care.
- Exercises effective interpersonal skills in dealings with department staff, with associates and with Management.
- Evidences leadership skills in developing in others the willingness and desire to work toward common objectives.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient information and regarding administrative matters of a confidential nature.
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to others in promoting effective communication.
- Develops thorough understanding of policies and procedures of the hospital and demonstrates respect for them.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Medical Director.
Who Can Apply?
- Graduation from an approved medical school plus one year of internship and three years of residency.
- At least 5 years of practice as a Neurologist with 2 or more years as a licensed specialist.
- Certification by the American Board of Neurology or Member of the Royal College of Neurology (or its equivalent).
- Current licensure in country of origin and with DHA / MOH license to practice Neurology as a specialist in Dubai, UAE.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- Must be highly skilled in the particular field of practice, with mature clinical judgment and ability to provide professional leadership.
- He / she must have a thorough knowledge of Medical Department policies and procedures with particular reference to the obligation to maintain the confidentiality of his work.
- Personality which inspires confidence and trust in his / her patients and adhere to Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Organization.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Knowledge of Arabic language is desirable but not essential.