Roads & Transport Authority
The Roads and Transport Authority, commonly known as RTA, is the major Independent Government roads & Transportation authority in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It was founded in 2005 and is responsible for planning and carrying out transport and traffic projects, along with laws and well thought of plans for Transportation in the city. It is a Department of the Government of Dubai. RTA has also won many awards such as in the Gulf Sustainability Awards 2022 and the Brandon Hall Excellence Award 2022. Currently, RTA hiring for the job position of Procurement Expert / Specialist in Dubai, UAE. This opportunity is for candidates from all Nationalities.
Role of Procurement Expert
A Procurement Specialist/ Expert at RTA Dubai (UAE), has the job role of Creating the Development plan for Supervising & Coaching Engineering and Quantity Surveyors in accordance with International Best Practices. The Job holder will report progress on Liability and Settlement of claims across all projects undertaken by RTA.
Responsibilities of Procurement Expert
- Advises in the Requirements of Insurance Policies, Claims and Compensation related to insured accidents.
- Monitors and guides Contracts Specialists, Contracts Lawyers, Quantity Surveyors to the Legal and Contractual issues.
- Ensures that lessons learnt are incorporated into the design and/or Execution of works for future projects.
- Prepares legal oriented negotiating strategies. Provides support during coyntractual neygotiations.
- Participates in RTA Arbitration Teams by appearing before Domestic & International Tribunals to protect RTA’s interest.
- Advises on Contractual and Project Management matters for RTA higher management, including preparing contractual correspondences.
- Reports and reviews Confidential documents upon request and provide feedback.
What you’ll do
- Participate effectively in the Procurement Department for standardizing Contractual and Legal Documents.
- Advise on Procurement and Contract strategic direction, programs, policies, and procedures, including interfacing with Corporate Procurement Department.
- Provide reports on a regular basis and as necessary to the Claims and Dispute in all current projects. Recommend Resolutions and Decisions.
- Conduct Seminars & Workshops to enlighten the concerned officials regarding International Developments.
- Provide Professional inputs and advice to Procurement & Other Department’s including CEO’s on pre and post contractual issues, legal matters and legislations.
- Review and audit C&PD practices and performance searching for the best practices and system solutions and prepare development plans.
- Participate effectively in preparing procurement strategies and contract planning. Ensure the delivery of agencies need while maintaining high level of governance.
- Provide support for initiatives to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and business development.
- Any additional responsibilities as advised by the direct Line Manager or Head of Department.
Education & Experience
- PHD in Civil Engineering or Law from a recognized university.
- 13-15 years of work experience in a related field of work in a large organization.
- Experience in Mega Infrastructure Projects including Roads, Building and Rail projects, accumulating the comprehensive body of knowledge and experience of handling the multitude of issues encountered.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent knowledge of the current industry standards, procedures, government requirements, UAE legal affairs.
- Broad knowledge of procurement contract administration and legal administration.
- Good supply management and negotiation skills.