Dubai Ports (DP) World UAE is presently looking for suitable candidate for job position of a Procurement Executive on temporary basis. DP World was founded in 1972 as a local port operator in Dubai. Over the time, DP World has evolved from a single port operator to a global logistics provider with operations over 69 countries and across every continent. They are the leading provider of worldwide smart end to end supply chain logistics, enabling the flow of trade across the globe. Their range of products and services covers every link of the integrated supply chain, from mari time and inland terminals to marine services & industrial parks as well as technology driven customer solutions. DP World has a dedicated team of more than 100,000 employees from over 160 nationalities that ensure the smooth flow of trade.
Job Purpose of A Procurement Executive
- Procure goods and services and identify the best suitable vendors based on price and delivery and specific adherence criteria.
- Implement and compky with Environment, Health, Safety and Security policy and procedures.
- Travel for visiting suppliers and exhibitions for finding new suppliers.
Job Duties of A Procurement Executive (Temporary) At Dubai Ports (DP) World UAE
- Placing bulk orders and arrange for consignment stock or stocked items from regular vendors to reduce cost and improve availability of goods.
- To identify and assign tasks to purchasing team to procure goods and services as per policy or assign the enquiries to Tender & Contracts team.
- To Build strong working relationship both internally and with key suppliers.
- To monitor procurement budget and exercise control over procurement expenditure.
- To monitor, expedite and fulfill procurement requirements of WCS FZE BU within reasonable period.
- To ensure correct level of goods are ordered in terms of supply cost, availability and specification and suggest cost effective measures.
- To source alternative vendors during shortage of specialized material in the market with respect to items without identification and based on sample provided.
- To monitor the department performance and identify areas for personnel development.
- To coordinate and take part in the auction of various disposable items and tools.
- To work with price agreement suppliers and ensure that the agreements are executed cost effectively.
- To prepare a bid analysis to select the best vendors based on price & delivery.
What You’ll Do More?
- Negotiating with the selected vendor for less in prices leading to cost saving for the company.
- Create purchase orders, specifically accounted with agreed terms and conditions, item cost & delivery dates.
- To maintain, record and vet new prospective vendor details and use this data to source alternative supplies at the most advantageous terms for WCS FZE in relation to availability, cost and delivery periods.
- Expedite all that have not met with the original delivery dates and update the end user of any agreed revisions.
- To ensure and arrange for collection for on time delivery.
- Liaise, negotiate & agree with the vendors for the re supply of rejected items at no extra cost.
- To liaise with Finance department on vendor enquiries, invoice payments, credit notes, cost revisions and invoice suspensions.
- Preparing all shipping instructions for over seas orders for the logistics team.
- Evaluating vendor performance to assist the vendor management officer.
- Works to achieve the department KPI of cost saving and on time deliveries.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelors degree in supply chain management or related field.
- 4-6 Year experience in similar role.
- Experience with Excel, word & PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of logistic operations.