Etihad Rail is presently accepting applications from suitably qualified candidate for job position of an Off Track Equipment Supervisor to work at Mirfa Depot in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Etihad Rail was established in 2009, with mandate to manage development, construction & operation of the UAE’s national freight and passenger railway network. Built to highest international standards, Etihad Rail’s state of the art network acts as a catalyst for economic growth and sustained social development. The railway has redefined logistics and transport in the region, providing a modern, safe, efficient & sustainable network that connects the seven emirates of the UAE to its neighboring GCC countries. The cost effective railway network incorporates energy efficiency and sustainability while providing unique solutions for freight movement, distribution, handling, logistics and clearances.
Job Purpose of An Off Track Equipment Supervisor
Responsible for the planning, monitoring and coordination of Off Track Equipment Operation Subsection which includes maintaining, the embankment, sand mitigation, fence, structures and service road.
Job Duties of An Off Track Equipment Supervisor
- Leads, plans, coordinates and executes all tasks of the team efficiently.
- Ensures a safe working environment for all employees and Contractors.
- Leads in all aspects related to sand mitigation in the rail network, including the strategic deployment of the equipment along the network and the effective utilization of the resources.
- Executes and records preventive, corrective, repair and emergency activities.
- Provides technical and professional review for the Department in fields of production, maintenance planning, work methods, budget preparation, costing, capital justification and manpower planning to ensure technical consistency and professionalism within the subsection.
- Reviews, initiates, directs and implements research to ensure the ongoing application of new methods in maintenance activities.
- Conducts regular safety inspections and implements corrective actions as required.
- Ensures maintenance team is fully competent and adequate personnel is available for daily maintenance tasks and repairs.
- Assists management in developing the maintenance component of the annual budget, manage controllable expenditures in the section.
- Engages with other operating disciplines, including planners, to coordinate facility activities.
- Maintains the reliability of the earthmoving equipment to the highest standards.
- Coordinates all activities with On Track equipment supervisor, equipment maintenance & infrastructure maintenance planner.
- Management of contractors.
- Represents the Off Track Manager at meetings as directed.
- High School Certificate or higher.
- 2-3 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience in writing reports.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Recognized knowledge of operating and maintaining heavy earthmoving vehicles and equipment.
- Knowledge of applicable discipline based railway standards.
- English as first language or advanced level of written and verbal skill.
- Good planning skills.
- Analytical skills for problem solving.
- Basis skills in MS office programs.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team.