NMC Royal Hospital in Dubai, UAE is accepting applications from interested candidates for the post of Registered Nurse – NICU. NMC is a leading Healthcare chain and Distribution Business in the United Arab Emirates. The company was established in 1974, and has Headquarters in Abu Dhabi, with branch offices in Dubai, Al Ain, Ajman and Northern Emirates. NMC manages and operates over 200 facilities in 19 countries. At NMC Healthcare personalised care, genuine concern and a sincere commitment is guaranteed for the patients. It also ranks amongst the leading fertility service providers in the world.
Role of Nurse
A Registered NICU Nurse will perform his / her duties as per NMC guiding principles and model of care, DHA Regulation and other Regulatory Authorities.
Responsibilities of Nurse
- Provides care in a Non-judgmental, Non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the babies and parents diversity.
- Provides culturally appropriate patient focused nursing care.
- Applies the International patient safety goals throughout the patient journey and care process.
- Respects patient and applies patient family rights throughout the patient care, with empathy, emotional stability.
- Educates and informs parents on the care process and other relevant information within her scope of practice.
- Assessment, Implementation and Coordination of complex care and Interventions.
- Supporting a compassionate and therapeutic environment for critically ill babies.
- Providing comfort and Preventing suffering.
- Collaborating with babies, their families, their Healthcare providers, and Healthcare professionals.
- Provides Comprehensive care to the assigned neonate and family.
- Plans, Implements, and Evaluates care given to assigned Neonates in an effective and organized manner.
- Follows policy and delivers Designated Nursing interventions to assigned Neonates.
- Performs admission, discharge, and transfer procedures for the neonate.
What you’ll do
- Collect Appropriate history, conduct Physical Examination, Assessment & Reassessment.
- Provide Physical, Psychological, and social needs of the families.
- Demonstrate competence in Neonatal Resuscitation Technique.
- Receives the baby after delivery in LDRP/operating room.
- Assist the Neonatologist in immediate Resuscitation of baby after delivery, if needed.
- Strict compliance to Neonatal identification protocol as per the hospital policy.
- Administer Intravenous fluids, Medications including high alert and narcotic drugs safely and accurately as prescribed.
- Maintain confidentiality of the information pertaining to the neonate.
- Provide education and support the mother including breast feeding techniques.
- Administer blood and blood products, monitoring neonates for signs and symptoms related to Transfusion reactions.
- Acting as patient advocates.
- Arranging and overseeing continuous monitoring and nursing vigilance.
- Interpreting Diagnostic tests.
- Consult and Coordinate with Healthcare team members to develop plan of care that is individualized for the babies reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of science in nursing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in NICU.
- Current license from home country, DHA license/ eligibility to practice in Dubai.
- BLS provider, NRP provider.
- Spoken Arabic language preferable.