NMC Healthcare presently has a job opening for eligible and devoted candidates for the position of a Medical Coder. The selected candidate will work at NMC Royal Womens Hospital in Abu Dhabi, UAE. This job was listed by NMC on 12 September 2023 and is now open for applications from desirous aspirants.
Job Purpose of A Medical Coder
To translate medical procedures and diagnoses into universally recognized codes for billing and insurance purposes.
Job Duties of A Medical Coder
- The incumbent checks and sequences the most accurate ICD-9 / ICD10- CM / CPT / HCPCS / DRG / Other codes for diagnoses and procedures for documented information.
- Assures the final diagnoses and operative procedures as stated by the physician are valid and complete.
- Abstracts all necessary information from health records to identify secondary complications and co-morbid conditions.
- Evaluates the record for documentation consistency and adequacy. Ensures that the final diagnosis accurately reflects the care and treatment rendered. Computes and gives the correct DRG coding all inpatients cases.
- Providing training and guiding other coders / Medical Records Technicians in coding, updating them with new coding rules and regulations as and when it is necessary.
What You’ll Do More?
- Analyzes doctors documentation to assure the appropriate Evaluation & Management (E & M) levels are assigned using the correct CPT code.
- Ensures coding is as per HAAD guidelines and regulations.
- Provides feedback to Doctors regarding coding errors or oversights.
- Constantly updates to the latest coding versions and HAAD coding directives.
Who Can Apply?
- A graduate of Bachelor’s Degree in Allied Health Sciences or related areas.
- At least 2 years of coding experience.
- Preferably one year experience of coding medical claims.
- Valid Certified Coding Associate (CCA) certification from American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification from American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- Knowledge in using computer and related software applications and proficient in using MS office programs.
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with co-workers, supervisor and customers and capability to interact with all levels in the organization.
- Must display a neat, clean professional appearance.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Arabic language advantageous / desirable but not essential.
- Must communicate in a timely manner and exhibit good listening skills.
- Demonstrates dependability by possessing a “can do” and flexible approach.
- Demonstrates knowledge and practice of confidentiality policy.
- Achievement of Core objectives in line with the expectations of the Management and stakeholders.
- Ability to work constructively and interact professionally with others.
- Ability to coordinate multiple task, adjust to changing priorities and work within deadlines.
- Ability to attend to meetings outside of normal business hours.