NMC Healthcare (NMC Royal Hospital, Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi) presently has a job opening for eligible candidates for the position of a Medical Coder in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Established in 1974, NMC Healthcare is the most trusted and largest private healthcare company in UAE. NMC plays an integral part in supporting the UAE’s healthcare system & its continuous growth and progress. With a dedicated team of doctors, nurses, allied health and support personnel, NMC owns numerous Healthcare facilities in the UAE. The company has specialized verticals that include Multi Specialty Care, Maternity and Fertility, Long Term and Home Care, Medical Centers, Day Surgery Centers, Operations and Management.
Job Purpose of A Medical Coder
Ensures proper coding of documents in accordance with the regulator coding guidelines and regulations.
Your Job Duties As A Medical Coder
- The incumbent checks and sequences the most accurate ICD-9/ ICD10- CM / CPT / HCPCS / DRG / other codes for diagnoses and procedures for documented information.
- Assures the final diagnoses and operative procedures as stated by the physician are valid and complete.
- Abstracts all necessary information from health records to identify secondary complications and co-morbid conditions.
- Evaluates the record for documentation consistency and adequacy.
- Ensures that the final diagnosis accurately reflects the care and treatment rendered.
- Computes and gives the correct DRG coding all inpatients cases.
- Providing training and guiding other coders / Medical Records Technicians in coding, updating them with new coding rules and regulations as and when it is necessary.
- Analyzes doctors’ documentation to assure the appropriate Evaluation and Management (E&M) levels are assigned using the correct CPT code.
- Ensures coding is as per HAAD guidelines and regulations.
- Provides feedback to Doctors regarding coding errors or oversights.
- Constantly updates to the latest coding versions and HAAD coding directives.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Performs any other jobs or duties assigned by the HOD from time to time within the scope of job title.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements.
- Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports.
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies.
- Attend applicable OSH / infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems.
Who Can Apply?
- Graduate of Bachelor’s Degree in Allied Health Sciences or related areas.
- At least 2 years of coding experience.
- Valid Certified Coding Associate (CCA) certification from American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification from American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- Computer Literacy, MS Office.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Achievement of core objectives in line with the expectations of the management and stakeholders.
- Ability to work constructively and interact professionally with others.
- Ability to coordinate multiple task, adjust to changing priorities and work within deadlines.