ENOC (Emirates National Oil Company) is a Dubai-based state-owned oil and gas company. It was established in 1993 and operates in various segments of the energy sector, including exploration, production, refining, and marketing of petroleum products. ENOC has a significant presence in Dubai and is responsible for managing the supply and distribution of petroleum products in the emirate. It operates a network of service stations across Dubai and provides a wide range of fuel products, including gasoline, diesel, and aviation fuel. In addition to its core business of oil and gas, ENOC has diversified into other areas such as aviation, lubricants, and convenience stores. Nowadays, ENOC Dubai is seeking application from motivated and energetic candidates for the vacant position of Laboratory Assistant. Desirous candidates are encouraged to apply for the post and make use of this golden opportunity.
Role of Laboratory Assistant
Responsible for assisting the laboratory chemists and QA/QC Manager in the operation of the laboratory of Lubricating Oils and Greases in the plant.
Responsibilities of Laboratory Assistant
- Ensure testing of Lubricants & Greases as per ASTM/IP/DIN/ISO methods.
- Draws samples of raw material, filling line and Finished products as per the Directives of Chemist.
- Performs samples testing as per ASTM test methods. Assuring the product is meeting the defined Specifications.
- Participates in Proficiency testing programs.
- Checks Packaging material as per defined Specification/Procedures.
- Maintains the Laboratory and its Equipment/Apparatus in a absolutely clean working condition at all times.
What you’ll do
- Ensure proper storage and easy recall of the Laboratory Retention samples.
- Ensure the adequate supply and Inventory of laboratory chemicals/gases is available for testing by Replenishment from the store at proper intervals.
- Assist in ensuring to maintain the compliance of laboratory KPI / objectives.
- Participate in the Implementation of the HSE policy of the company and follow safe working practices across the plant. Supports the Laboratory Management system.
- Other Responsibilities as per Company’s Rules and Delegation of Authority Manual.
- To ensure the compliance of Legal, business ethics, group Sustainability/ security
- Conduct safety audits / gapes within the department and inform HSE department Immediately.
- To report Near misses, Hypo near misses to concerned staff.
Education & Experience
- High School Certificate &/or Apprentice in laboratory from a Recognized institute.
- 1 to 2 years Experience preferably in Lubricants blending plant.
- Time Management Skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Communication Skills.