NMC Healthcare is seeking applications from passionate and capable candidates for the job post of an IT Project Manager. The selected aspirant will work at NMC Corporate, Alain Tower, Abu Dhabi UAE. This job was listed by NMC Healthcare on 14 September 2023 and is receiving applications form all willing candidates.
Job Purpose of an IT Project Manager
- As an IT Project Manager, your primary responsibility will be to lead and manage complex IT projects within the organization. You will oversee the entire project lifecycle, from planning and execution to monitoring and delivery.
- Your role will involve collaborating with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and vendors to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Additionally, you will provide strategic guidance, mentorship, and leadership to junior project managers and team members.
Job Duties of an IT Project Manager
Project Leadership and Strategy
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership in the planning, execution, and delivery of IT projects in the healthcare industry, aligning them with organizational goals and objectives.
- Define project scope, objectives, and success criteria, ensuring they meet the specific needs and requirements of the UAE healthcare landscape.
- Develop and implement project management methodologies, best practices, and standards to drive efficiency and ensure project success.
Project Planning and Execution
- Lead the development of comprehensive project plans, including timelines, resource allocation, and budget estimation, while considering local regulations and healthcare practices.
- Coordinate and manage project activities, ensuring adherence to project plans, while effectively mitigating risks and resolving issues that may arise.
- Foster collaboration and communication among cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and vendors to achieve project goals.
- Engage and build strong relationships with key stakeholders, including healthcare professionals, executives, and IT teams, while considering cultural norms and hierarchies in the UAE.
- Manage stakeholder expectations, ensuring effective communication, and facilitating decision-making processes throughout the project lifecycle.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and address emerging needs, changes, and risks, while providing appropriate solutions and recommendations.
Risk Management and Compliance
- Identify and assess project risks, dependencies, and compliance requirements, specifically within the UAE healthcare industry.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies, ensuring compliance with local healthcare regulations, data protection laws, and privacy standards.
- Collaborate with compliance and legal teams to navigate regulatory challenges, ensuring project activities align with applicable laws and regulations.
What You’ll Do More?
Team Leadership and Mentoring
- Provide leadership, guidance, and mentorship to junior project managers and project teams, promoting a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Foster professional development and growth within the team, facilitating knowledge sharing, skills enhancement, and continuous improvement.
- Conduct performance evaluations, identify training needs, and implement strategies to optimize team performance and project outcomes.
Documentation and Reporting
- Ensure accurate and comprehensive documentation of project plans, requirements, progress reports, and other relevant project artifacts, adhering to local documentation standards.
- Generate regular reports on project status, key performance indicators (KPIs), and metrics, providing insights to stakeholders and senior management.
- Conduct post-project reviews and lessons learned sessions to identify areas for improvement and facilitate knowledge transfer.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- A master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven experience of 1-2 years as a Senior IT Project Manager, specifically within the healthcare industry.
- Certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP) or Agile /Scrum are highly desirable.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- In-depth understanding of healthcare systems, IT infrastructure, and software development lifecycles, with knowledge of local healthcare practices and systems.
- Familiarity with UAE healthcare industry regulations, such as the UAE Health Data Protection Law and other relevant guidelines.
- Strong leadership and project management skills, with a track record of successfully leading and delivering complex IT projects within the healthcare sector.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with diverse stakeholders from different cultural backgrounds.
- Proficiency in project management methodologies, tools, and software.