IKEA presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for position of a Graphic Designer (Retail).The aspiring candidate will work for Interior Design & Visual Merchandising discipline at IKEA. This job was recently published and is now open for all those candidates who aspire to be part of IKEA.
Job Purpose of A Graphic Designer
Secure that the graphic standards that are implemented in the IKEA store are in line with the IKEA manuals.
Duties of A Graphic Designer
- Plan and execute a high level of Graphic solutions by communicating IKEA product features and solutions in all in-store areas.
- Daily and weekly checks made on implementation and application of graphic displays to ensure consist standards and translations are correct (in line with IKEA visual identity).
- Work with Sales and in store logistics by following the work brief process in planning and implementing graphic solutions to support the stores set sales targets and activity calendar.
- Implement graphic communication (notice board, usage of IKEA furnishing in Offices, signage & Posters) to all sales support areas and non-customers areas in order to maintain the store in accordance to IKEA standards, so that the perception of visitors to those areas is as strong as in the store.
- Plan and execute any changes to graphic solutions as directed from 1st GD within the store so that they are in keeping with the store’s current commercial calendar and activities. ICSS.
- Develop an understanding of Graphic Com-In related to IKEA manuals, proven ideas and guidelines as set out by IKEA System.
Who Can Apply?
- Degree / Diploma in Interior Designing or Architecture.
- 5 years’ experience within the Communication & Interior Design department in one or more IKEA stores.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Must have skills in using sign making equipment and preferably experience in working with MacIntosh graphic software.
- Very good communication skills.
- Job-Specific/Technical Skills required to complete the tasks.