IKEA presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for position of a Graphic Design Group Leader (Retail). The aspiring candidate will work for Interior Design & Visual Merchandising discipline at IKEA. This job was recently published and is now open for all those candidates who aspire to be part of IKEA.
Job Purpose of A Graphic Design Group Leader
Secure that the graphic standards implemented in the IKEA store are in line with the IKEA global and regional directions.
Duties of A Graphic Design Group Leader
- Deliver high quality graphic solutions throughout the store.
- Plan, implement and follow up all projects in the store based on work briefs developed by Sales and Manager.
- Lead Graphic Design team to ensure that all graphic communication supports the IKEA visual Identity, IKEA trademark and IKEA pricing as described in the IKEA manuals.
- Maintain a high level of know how regarding the software and hardware used to produce all graphic communication.
- Ensure adequate supply of tools and material for GD unit with environmental awareness & cost consciousness.
- Assist Visual Merchandisers and the Interior Designers as and when required, in projects or activities that are planned for the store.
- Ensure that all graphic designers have received the necessary training in safety and security aspects related to the use of this equipment, so they are able to follow the rules and regulations and prevent accidents.
- Involve in the recruitment of the graphic designers.
- Aim to achieve positive results in the employee survey and act in the areas where the satisfaction is low.
Who Can Apply?
- Diploma in Graphic Design.
- 5 years’ experience within the Communication & Interior Design department (preferably in one or more IKEA stores) proficient user of graphic design programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Suite & Microsoft Office.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Excellent command of English Language.
- Excellent command of Arabic Language.
- Attention to details.
- Very good communication skills.
- Job-Specific/Technical Skills required to complete the tasks.
- Must have skills in using sign making equipment and preferably experience in working with MacIntosh graphic software.