Jumeirah Group presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for position of a Front Office Assistant Manager . The aspiring candidate will work at Jumeirah Burj Al Arab. This job has been posted by Jumeirah Group on 22 September and is now open for all desirous candidates.
Job Purpose of A Front Office Assistant Manager
A Front Office Assistant Manager oversees the daily operations of the front desk and guest services, ensuring a smooth and welcoming experience for hotel guests.
Duties of A Front Office Assistant Manager
- Ensure to receive a handover from the previous Assistant Front Office Manager and/or Senior Leaders.
- Conducts the daily briefing on the respective shift and ensures that the department is properly staffed with briefed and well-groomed colleagues.
- Plan the daily operation to ensure guests’ rooms will be ready and if not that there is a plan for early arrivals, late departures
- Attends morning briefings providing leaders and colleagues with updated and relevant information in regard to glitches and the daily operation plan.
- Recognizes all repeat and important guests, and builds rapport in order to develop personal guest contact, obtain preferences, and proactively anticipate guest needs and requirements.
- Leads motivates & continuously develops the subordinated team in order to maximize colleague productivity, departmental revenue, guest satisfaction & department COS scores.
- Plan, control and maintain over time, Annual Vacation Plan, Weekly Duty Rosters, and special staffing requirements.
- Manages (monitor and assess) the team performance through role plays and tests based on the departmental SOPs.
- Ensures that the team adheres to all hotel and company standards, Business conduct and ethics, policies, and procedures including Health and safety policies, punctuality/ attendance procedures, and Quality standards.
What You’ll Do More?
- Handling group arrival and assisting for their billing.
- Analyses Mystery Customer information, Profile Quality scores & LQA results, communicates them to the team, and develops Corrective Actions, as needed.
- Ensures that the Credit Check Report is prepared, duly signed, and filed as required.
- Check and analyze the rate variance & rate Change reports and ensure the room rate is correct.
- Dealing with large groups and delegations, arranging their billing, and monitor their arrival and departure experience.
- Participating in departmental training and taking part in departmental projects.
- Conduct and follow up on appraisals, step by steps.
- Monitor Guest History scores and improvements and profile quality.
- Evaluates operations in order to identify training needs and ensure all the identified training plans are carried out.
- Monitor the applications for cross-training and cross-exposure coming from other departments and business units, and analyze potential candidates.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience as Front Office Assistant Manager or Duty Manager in a 5-star environment.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Diploma or Certificate in Hospitality Management.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office, and Property Management System (preferably Opera).
- High level of written and verbal business English.
About the Benefits
- An attractive tax free salary.
- Generous F&B benefits.
- Reduced hotel rates across the globe.
- Excellent leave and health care package.
- Flights home, life insurance and other employee benefits.