Majid Al Futtaim
Majid Al Futtaim (MAF) presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for position of a Fish Monger in UAE. MAF is an Emirati holding company based in Dubai, UAE. It owns & operates shopping malls, leisure establishments and retail in the MENA region. The group was established in 1992 and manages three major operating subsidiaries, Majid Al Futtaim Ventures, Majid Al Futtaim Properties and Majid Al Futtaim Retail. MAF Retail establishes and manages supermarkets, hypermarkets, fashion and specialty retail stores. The company has over 40,000 team members in 15 International markets representing over 100 Nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything they do.
Job Purpose of A Fish Monger
- The Fish Monger is responsible for preparing fish products in line with the section’s operating standards and hygiene control proceduresr.
- Responsible for weighing fish, packaging it, and putting it out for display.
Duties of A Fish Monger
- Wrap, weigh, label and price cuts of fish.
- Prepare and place fish cuts and products in display counter as per the defined guidelines.
- Assist customers in their product inquiries in a professional and timely manner, and provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Promote add on sales and maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
Operating Standards and Hygiene Control
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhering to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Maintain hygiene standards and ensure that own work area, including the freezers and chillers are kept clean and waste is disposed of in the correct manner.
- Identify and segregate waste and damaged products on daily basis.
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Proactively identify and seek professional development opportunities to improve leadership and technical skills pertaining to the direct line of work.
- Apply and follow MAFR’s Human Capital corporate policies and relevant procedures and instructions.
- Provide feedback to colleagues, when required.
Who Can Apply?
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Highly organized with strong multi tasking skills.
- Basic English language reading, writing, and interpretation skills.
- Adapt in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent listening abilities.
- High attention to detail.