DHL UAE presently has a job opening for eligible candidates for the position of a E-Commerce Specialist to be based in Air Frieght Team in Dubai. Established in 1969, DHL is an international team of over 395,000 shipping professionals, united by a passion for logistics. DHL has always been revolutionizing, shaping and simplifying the world of logistics. From inventing the international air express industry to becoming the world’s leading logistics company, they are thinkers, makers and pioneers that constantly challenge what’s possible. Company is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. One of its subsidiary, DHL UAE is the recognized market leader in Express logistics and an Employer of Choice, ranked consistently as Great Place To Work in the UAE.
Job purpose of An E-Commerce Specialist
- Responsible for growth of our E-commerce business.
- Handle the commercial and operational setup of E-commerce requests from Customers and Stations.
- Responsible to manage relationships with Last Mile Carriers and other Vendors that company partner’s with to cater to E-commerce needs
Job Duties of An E-Commerce Specialist
- Continuously develop our capabilities as an organization to cater to E-commerce requirements, in line with market standards and business intelligence.
- Maintain a documented, up-to-date SOP for different E-commerce models (B2B, B2C, Cross-border, etc) and ensure Operations teams are aligned with the same.
- Build standard rate cards and selling tools for different E-commerce models.
- Joint calls with Sales / Regional E-commerce team / Network stations to promote and sell E-commerce via Dubai.
- Participate in local/regional RFQs for E-commerce businesses to provide customized solutions and the most competent rates.
- Oversee onboarding process of new customers including IT setup with last mile carriers.
- Work with Operations and Last Mile Carriers (LMCs) to ensure no deviations and timely execution of shipments.
- Manage contracts and SLAs with LMCs with timely renewal and effective negotiation wherever possible.
- Ensure continuous improvement processes to increase efficiencies, reduce waste and improve performance for customers.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics and Supply Chain or any related field.
- Certification of professional Logistics and Supply chain Management.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in standard freight forwarding, warehousing & distribution operations and e-Commerce.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Extensive knowledge of AFR Operations.
- Knowledge of Domestic operations will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of cross-border e-commerce logistics process & products Commercial Acumen.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrates strong communication capabilities.
- Easily capable of making well-informed decisions.