NMC Healthcare is presently looking to hire a suitable and experienced candidate for the job position of a Dental Assistant. The selected aspirant will be assigned to work at NMC Al Dhannah City Abu Dhabi, UAE. This job was published by NMC on 14 September 2023 and is now open for all those candidates who have strong desire to apply.
Job Purpose of A Dental Assistant
To assist dental professionals in providing patient care and administrative support in a dental office or clinic.
Job Duties of A Dental Assistant
- Directs and supervises all administrative and clinical activities of his / her designated area.
- Ensures the implementation and evaluation of standards of patient care
- Performs the initial assessment of the patient.
- Responsible for coordinating and supervising the triaging of the walk-in patients.
- Responsible for coordinating and documenting ambulance activities as per hospital policy when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the department as per infection control and waste management policy of the hospital
- Demonstrates vigilance in identifying patients with communicable diseases and following the appropriate isolation technique for such patients
- Provides orientation to the newly joined staff nurses and conducts assessment at the completion of 15 days, 6months and 1 year.
- Coordinates with the Nursing Administrator in conducting annual competency and skill based competency checks for all the staff nurses.
- Prepares daily / monthly staff allocation of his/her designated area and ensures competency based nurse / patient allocation is followed at all times.
- Coordinates with the front office desk of her / his designated area for smooth functioning and optimum patient care.
- Ensures to complete all relevant paperwork and supporting documentation to the highest standards.
- Coordinates with the Nursing Administrator to develop appropriate inventory systems, which are ongoing, preventing shortages or overstocking within the unit.
- Coordinates with Nursing Administrator to obtain emergency medications, equipment and supplies, ensuring records are up to date and inventories protected.
- Ensures preventative and ongoing maintenance of equipment is carried out, reporting all failures or deficiencies through appropriate department head.
- In Coordination with the Nursing Department develops coordinates and directs orientation / training programs which are competency based, documented and evaluated.
What You’ll Do More?
- Responsible for daily checking of crash carts and emergency equipment’s as per hospital policy.
- Responsible for appropriate storage and maintaining inventory of medications including high alert medications and narcotics as per hospital policy.
- Responsible for appropriate storage and maintaining inventory of Hazmat items including the MSDS as per hospital policy.
- Participates as a member of Code Blue and Code Black Team hospital wide.
- Demonstrates deep knowledge and participates in fire safety, patient safety, infection control and the other necessary precautions as per hospital policy.
- Assists in the development of unit Policies and Procedures, which involve patient care issues.
- Demonstrates strict adherence to all hospital policies and procedures.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing / Diploma in Nursing.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in outpatient department with at least 2 years’ experience as Charge Nurse or equivalent grade in relevant clinical area.
- BLS provider.
- Current license in country of origin and with DOH (DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH) license to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Demonstrates sound decision-making and leadership skills.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Arabic speaking is desirable but not essential.