Careem is seeking an experienced candidate for the job position of Corporate Finance Director in Dubai, UAE. Careem is a leading Multi-service app, with Operations in over 100 cities, covering 20 Countries, across the Middle East, South Asia and Africa. Established in July 2012, it is now Wholly-owned Subsidiary of Uber Technologies since January 2020. The Application provides multiple services of riding, order food and grocery, Delivering Couriers, make mobile payments and more. Careem is pioneering the Development of Innovative services to help the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
Role of Corporate Finance Director
At Careem UAE (Dubai), the job role of a Corporate Finance Director is to be responsible for capital allocation and shaping Careem’s strategy, in partnership with the CEO and CFO, and maximizing ROI on capital invested, in partnership with the Business.
Duties of Corporate Finance Director
- Drive an Efficient and Comprehensive process for developing financial plans and establishing financial and operational targets that are aligned with our strategic objectives, tech roadmaps and commercial/operational plans.
- Collaborate with key Stakeholders to improve/revamp the framework and process for capital allocation at a strategic as well as a tactical level. Maximize ROI and enhance rigor in financial decision making.
- Partner with other teams to monitor competitive and customer intelligence, macro-economic data and technology trends.
- Work to enable Well-informed and sound financial and strategic decision making.
- Track and analyze key business/financial KPIs, uncover trends and assess current/future business risks and opportunities.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to address and resolve issues that impact financial results.
- Provide Fact-based Recommendations that support Revenue growth targets and/or improve Profitability.
- Nurture a strong team. Enable them to focus on value adding work by Implementing planning and Forecasting tools, and Identifying and Executing process improvements.
- Work closely with other leaders in Finance on a day-to-day basis. Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the quality and effectiveness of the broader Finance team as a whole.
- Prepare and monitor the business’ long-range strategic planning models. Drive capital allocation and strategic decision making in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Build a world-class Corporate Finance function that plays an Instrumental role in Careem’s future.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years of relevant Professional experience. Ideally in Technology companies in MENA. However, does not need to be entirely in Finance roles.
- Non-finance experiences in roles involving strategy / strategic planning, private equity / M&A, or business / P&L ownership will be considered relevant and might be preferable depending on the exact nature of the experience.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong Functional Knowledge about Financial Planning processes.
- Commercial acumen, Strategic thinking and Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand the industry, Competitors’ and Careem’s Business across service lines and markets.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Able to effectively present Analysis and Recommendations.
- Self-starter and be able to work with limited guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a Fast-paced and Dynamic environment.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Able to nurture a strong team and groom a bench of future leaders for Finance in Careem.