NMC Healthcare is looking for desirous and passionate candidates for the job position of a Consultant Family Medicine. The successful candidate will work at NMC Royal Womens Hospital, Abu Dhabi UAE. This job was published by NMC on 15 September 2023 and is now accepting resumes from all qualified candidates.
Job Purpose of A Consultant Family Medicine
To provide comprehensive primary healthcare services to individuals and families, focusing on preventive care, diagnosis, and treatment of various medical conditions.
Job Duties of A Consultant Family Medicine
- Performs the professional duties of a Specialist Family Medicine in adherence to the Delineation of Privileges depending on the efficiency and skills of the particular individual.
- Administers Executive Health Program examinations on a regular basis.
- Orders diagnostic laboratory and X-ray examinations, determining the diagnosis and prescribing applicable therapy and taking the necessary preventive medicine.
- Reviews journals and textbooks in order to keep current on latest techniques, procedures and therapy.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Immunize patients.
- Prescribe treatments or therapies.
- Prescribe medications.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results. Collect medical information from patients, family members other medical professionals. Record patient medical histories.
- Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
- Participates in continuing in-service training programs, physician’s conferences, etc. Answers in-patient consultations from medical or other in-patient services.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of all cases.
- Attends committee meetings when so assigned by the Head of department.
- Involved in development of international level guidelines protocols along with senior staff to standardize and improve quality of service provided.
- Follows standard policies and procedures as required by HAAD, JCI, ISO, OSHMS and other regulatory bodies.
- Participates in and contributes to in-service activities such as training programs, CMEs, lectures, conferences, or other committees as requested and rounds and participates and contributes to all the quality assurance activities of the service (e.g., monthly mortality and morbidity conference, peer review, audit, and chart review).
What You’ll Do More?
- Participates in the monthly activities related to Family Medicine.
- Participates in in-service death review, chart, Quality Assurance, and peer reviews.
- To work with the patients throughout the entire process starting from consultation to treatment plan.
- Participate in improvement initiates within the department.
- Handle complaints in an amicable manner when necessary.
- Foster interdepartmental liaison in order to ensure maintenance of established level of Service Agreements.
- Aware of hospital fire policy and emergency procedures.
- Participate in a quality assurance program for the endocrinology services and help develop and monitor clinical and other established indicators.
- Documents of care provided, and education / information given to patients within their medical health record, as per professional and practice standards / protocols.
- Reviews journals, texts, or periodicals in order to keep current on latest techniques, procedures, drugs and therapy.
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with co-workers, superiors, patients & families.
- Ability to work long hours and work effectively under stress and pressure.
- Ability to demonstrate patience, compassion, sensitivity, and self-motivation.
- Must have good decision-making skills and emotional stability in dealing with sensitive and life-threatening situations.
- Must have good communication skills to be able to interact with many parents and caregivers of newborns.
- Must have excellent medical skills such as manual dexterity to perform surgery on very small newborns and the ability to diagnose a variety of medical conditions.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of Medical Department policies and procedures with reference to the obligation to maintain the confidentiality of work.
- Ability to review procedures and implement new models of service delivery to satisfy client and organizational requirements.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality outcomes and ability to consult with staff regarding continuous improvement.
- Graduation from an approved medical school plus one year of internship and three years of residency.
- At least five years of practice as a Specialist Family Medicine with two years as a licensed specialist.
- Certification by the American Board of Internal medicine or Member of the Royal College of Physicians (or its equivalent).
- Current licensure in country of origin and with HAAD license to practice Family Medicine in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Knowledge of Arabic language is desirable but not essential.
- Must be highly skilled in the particular field of practice, with mature clinical judgment and ability to provide professional leadership.
- He / she must have a thorough knowledge of Medical Department policies and procedures with particular reference to the obligation to maintain the confidentiality of his work.
- Personality which inspires confidence and trust in his patients; and adhere to Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Organization.
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied.