NMC Healthcare is presently looking for experienced and capable candidates for the job position of a Consultant ENT. The selected aspirant will be assigned to work at NMC Corporate, Alain Tower Abu Dhabi, UAE. This job was posted by NMC on 15 September 2023 and is now open for all qualified candidates who fulfil the under mentioned criteria!
Job Purpose of A Consultant ENT
To provide the Otorhinolaryngology services of the hospital including various ENT/ Head and Neck Surgeries.
Your Job Duties As A Consultant ENT
- Performs professional duties of an Otorhinolaryngology including various ENT / Head and Neck Surgeries.
- Provides consultation to other physicians when the problems fall into the field of ear, nose, throat, head and neck surgery, and require the attention of a specialist. This includes diagnosis and treatment if patient’s primary problem is in this field.
- Completes medical records promptly indicating diagnosis, treatment, and future courses of action. Records must conform to established requirements.
- Participates in all group conferences requiring the viewpoint and opinions of this specialty regarding difficult medical cases.
- Collaborates with other departmental personnel in planning programs integrating the curative and preventive aspects of total patient care.
- Is responsible for the operation of approved curative-preventive programs as they relative to his particular field.
- Daily answers questions concerning irregular work and problems that arise in the group such as handling technical, safety and accident problems.
- Monitors work of other assigned staff to the Otorhinolaryngology Service for quality, quantity, correctness, etc., demonstrating procedures or recommending additional training as required.
- Attends staff meetings and participates in in-service activities as requested.
- Contacts HOD for clarification or to keep him informed of unusual situations or problems encountered and actions taken.
- Supports Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient information and regarding administrative matters of a confidential nature
- Evidences dependability in carrying out the commitments and obligations of the position.
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to others in promoting effective communication.
- Develops thorough understanding of policies and procedures of the hospital and demonstrates respect for them.
What You’ll Do More?
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Medical Administrator.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements.
- Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities.
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports.
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies.
- Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs.
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems.
Who Can Apply?
- Graduation from an approved medical school plus internship.
- Three years residency in Otorhinolaryngology culminating in procuring a post-graduate.
- Five or more year’s exclusive practice in Otorhinolaryngology since certification.
- Tier 1 or Tier 2 Qualification approved and recognized by DOH / DHA / MOH / PQR.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical services policies and procedures, U.A.E. law and regulations, company policies and procedures.
- Excellent command of oral and written English. Arabic desirable but not mandatory.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Medical.