Transguard Group presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for the position of a Chief Accountant General Ledger (GL) in Dubai, UAE. Transguard Group was established in 2001 & has diversified significantly. The Group leads in fields of Cash Services, Security Services, Manpower Services, Facilities Management & Aviation. Transguard Group is UAE’s most trusted business support and outsourcing provider and has a large, dynamic and culturally diverse workforce with over 61000 employees. All the laurels that company has achieved is because of its highly dedicated and qualified staff.
Job Purpose of A Chief Accountant General Ledger (GL)
- Handling financial accounting transactions, maintenance of the general ledger, working on the monthly closing and preparing periodic reports.
- Ensure that financial statements are accurate, and all financial accounting transactions comply with policies, procedures, audit and IFRS standards.
Your Job Duties As A Chief Accountant General Ledger (GL) At Transguard Group Dubai, UAE
- Preparing general ledger entries for the assigned entities.
- Reconcile trail balance and participate in the monthly, quarter, yearend closing process.
- Prepare audit schedules as required.
- Assist in the maintenance of the fixed asset register, asset categorisation and depreciation analysis as per the standard.
- Review imported data from sub ledger accounts to ensure all entries are posted in the correct account.
- Prepare detailed reconciliation for various accounts (including for, foreign currency position, general ledger rejected transactions, VAT accounts and work in progress accounts).
- Identify any abnormal balances in the general ledger and trial balance accounts.
- Assist Financial Accounting Team in financial consolidation and the timely closure of financial periods.
- Timely, incorporate the financial information of third parties (such as Vendors, billing and collection agents, etc.) into books of account.
- Assist in the monitoring of closing activities where necessary coordinate with other corporate finance team members and third parties to ensure timely completion.
- Create financial schedules for the auditor including the creation of segment reports.
- Coordinate with other third parties or internal departments.
- Provide any adhoc support or information required by the auditor or third parties.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or Accounting.
- Qualified/Part Qualified in CA, CPA, CIMA, or ACCA.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting.
- Experience in audit industry.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and IFRS.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Oracle.