Roads & Transport Authority
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) is the major Independent Government roads and tranysportation authority in Dubai, UAE. RTA was founded in 2005 and has over 7000 eymployees. The Institute consists of five agencies namely, the Traffic & Roads, Public Transport, Licensing, Rail and Dubai Taxi Corporation in addition to three support sectors, namely Strategy & Corporate Governance, Corporate Administrative Support Services, and Corporate Technology Support Services. Currently, RTA is recruiting for the job vacancy of Chief Accounts / Financial Analyst in Dubai, UAE. Candidates from all Nationalities can make use of this opportunity.
Role of Chief Accounts Analyst
At RTA Dubai (UAE), the job role of a Chieff Accounts / Financial Analyst is to generate monthly and annual Financial Reports for the clCorporate and the Agencies, such as the Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Trial Balance. The Incumbent will compare the Financial Reports for a particular period with the same period in the previous year and analyze the Variances.
Responsibilities of Accounts Analyst
- Verify all entries in the Financial Ledgers for compliance to Accounting policies and International Accounting Standards and Procedures.
- Verify all the Transaction Processing Activities of the Corporate general ledger and the closing process including Preparation of Reporting Schedules, ensuring Compliance to Accounting Policies.
- Validate all System Transactions, changes and updates to the general ledger in the system to ensure Compliance and Completeness of accounts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Reconcile Inventory Balances with GL.
- Supervise the input and handling of Financial data.
- Analyze and Reconcile GL accounts with all Sub-ledgers.
- Carry year end account closures.
- Work with Internal and External Customers to communicate issues and results of Analysis.
What you’ll do
- Verify all ERP Financial entries.
- Coordinate between the different accounts sections to ensure that the required Accounting entries are made for Transaction Validation and Completeness of accounts.
- Analyze Financial Information and prepare Financial reports by compiling Information, and Utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Ensure system interfaces are matched correctly to general ledger. Coordinate with GRP team to ensure accurate recording of data in the GRP system.
- Develop and maintain reports.
- Handle the Chart of Accounts.
- Analyze monthly and yearly accounts.
- Establish, Maintain, and Coordinate the implementation of Accounting and Accounting control procedures.
- Oversee the Reconciliation of the general ledger accounts.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting from a Recognized University.
- 6 years of working Experience.
Skills & Proficiencies
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Highly Analytical thinking with Demonstrated talent for Identifying, Scrutinizing, Improving, and Streamlining omplex work processes & systems.
- Excellent Business writing skills.
- Problem Identification and Problem Resolution skills.
- Quantitative and Statistical skills to review analyse and present data in a format usable by Non-quantitative Executives and Decision makers.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with Customers and Colleagues.
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Computer-literate performer with Extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.