Abu Dhabi Ports presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for position of a CEO in Abu Dhabi, UAE. The candidate will be required to work at Safeen Marine Services in Abu Dhabi. This job has been recently posted by Abu Dhabi ports and desirous candidates can apply at this position to be the part of this company.
Job Purpose of A CEO
- Responsible for the overall management of the ship repair and maintenance department.
- Overseeing all aspects of the business, from planning and scheduling repairs to managing the workforce and ensuring that all work is completed to the highest standards.
- Work effectively with a variety of stakeholders, including customers, suppliers, and government agencies.
Duties of A CEO
- Oversee the planning and scheduling of all ship repairs and maintenance work.
- Manage the workforce and ensure that all employees are properly trained and equipped to do their jobs.
- Work with customers to understand their needs.
- Manage the budget for the ship repair and maintenance department.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve the efficiency and profitability of the ship repair and maintenance department.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in the maritime industry and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Represent the company to government agencies and other stakeholders.
- Support the CEO – MC in driving the strategic direction of the cluster, especially in relation to expand the Safeen Dry Dock business line.
- Seek to identify opportunities to acquire or partner with organizations that could add value to the Safeen Dry Dock business.
- Evaluate current actionable prospects and help with strategic due diligence and transaction management for active deals.
- Accelerate pipeline development efforts on an ongoing basis to ensure a longer, more robust list of prospective targets.
- Drive formal quantitative and qualitative analytical decision support for ensuring the right value for deals and targets.
- Provide efficient services, support development of Ports in Abu Dhabi in compliance with the Vision of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi to make it a maritime hub.
- Continuously exploring opportunities to develop new lines of business or modifying existing lines for more efficiency.
What You’ll Do More?
- Monitor the performance of the division and its service providers identify service delivery weaknesses its causes.
- Directs the development of the division to ensure future growth in line with upcoming developments and growth in the industry by using market analytical skills.
- Continuously reviewing, developing and measuring key metrics for the cluster as applicable to the Safeen Dry Dock division.
- Establish well supported solutions with specific recommendations that will enable the CEO – MC to make critical go/no go decisions.
- Oversee plans regarding the operational needs and renewal of the fleet of service vessels as per strategic plans and operational needs based on contractual obligations.
- Participate in the selection, installation and commissioning of new assets and equipment.
- Create and foster an organization culture that encourages innovation, enhances employee motivation and supports initiatives for implementation of change management to continuously improve division’s operations and services.
- Oversee benchmarking with key international providers of similar services in the maritime sector and ensure that cluster’s offshore services processes are agile and resilient to market dynamics and uncertainties.
- Perform any other related duties as and when required by the Head of Maritime Cluster.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, maritime management, or a related field.
- 20+ years of experience in the maritime industry, with a focus on ship repair and maintenance.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and safety awareness.