Roads & Transport Authority
Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) is currently recruiting for the job post Senior Accountant – Payables in Dubai, UAE. Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) is responsible for planning and providing the requirements of transport, roads & traffic in the Emirate of Dubai and between Dubai and other Emirates of the UAE, in order to provide an Effective & an Integrated transport system. RTA was formed in year 2005 and since then providing an Advanced Transport Network for the people of Dubai has been high on its agenda. It is evident from its Initiatives and efforts towards making travel safer and smoother. It provides Seamless and safe travel with Innovative, Sustainable mobility solution and services to make every journey in Dubai a world class experience.
Role of Senior Accountant
At RTA Dubai (UAE), the job role of a Senior Accountant, Payables is to provide Periodic reports on reconciliation of the general ledger accounts for all payables entries. The Accountant will follow-up on refunds / drawbacks which the Organization is entitled to receive and Submit required Documentation to the Respective Authorities.
Responsibilities of Senior Accountant
- Assist user department and suppliers with resolution of issues or inquiries related to area of responsibilities.
- Prepare periodic reports on Payables aging, Reconciliation with supplier, Balances, and submit to payable Supervisor.
- Receive payment requests and invoices from the user department and supplier. Ensure that these are approved as per RTA’s Authority Matrix.
- Prepare and record all Unrecorded Liabilities at the end of the year to ensure that all Payables are reconciled.
- Ensure Invoices relating to Contractual Payments are as per the agreed terms and conditions. Check if any Liquidated damages are due from the contractual suppliers.
- Calculate debt memo and penalty on the invoices as per RTA policy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Prepare detailed notes on payments and accounting where required.
- Identify errors in invoices and follow up correction with coordination between user departments and vendors.
What you’ll do
- Review all invoices for accuracy and verify invoices against proof of goods / services supplied.
- Review and verify contract payments submitted by the contractors. Monitor contract and execution of required payments.
- Processing corrections on the journal entries.
- Enter & match all the invoices against purchase orders.
- Process supplier and employees prepayments in the system as per RTA policy and close it at the end of the Contractual period.
- Process month end closing and follow up with pending invoices Refunds.
- Refund of security deposit and Department Memo only upon due approval from the user department.
- Create new supplier site in the system by emailing the system administration (Al Diwan), and update supplier address and bank account details on the system.
- Record and payment process and invoice details in the system, and follow up if any error found.
- Process departments petty cash in the system and close it at end of the year.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor in Accounting / Finance.
- 0-2 years of Experience, OR
- Financial Diploma/ Diploma (Maliyoun) with 4 years of working experience.
- Can work Independently and in a team.
- Good with numbers.
- Effective Communication skills.
- Computer literate.