American Hospital Dubai
American Hospital Dubai (UAE) is actively recruiting qualified and passionate candidates for the job position of a Wound Care Nurse Manager. This job was published by Hospital on 20 September 2023 and all desirous and experienced candidates can apply for this position.
Job Purpose of A Wound Care Nurse Manager
- Provides comprehensive management of wound and Ostomy care to patient presenting to AHD and referred to wound care services.
- Uses knowledge and skills to make clinical decisions, develop plans of care and evaluate the effectiveness of care for patients. Develops and promotes activities related to the prevention and treatment of wounds, enterostomal care, peristomal complications for the multidisciplinary team that provides total patient care at AHD.
- Maintains records of pressure injuries (iatrogenic and from the community) in order to verify the appropriateness of our current medical and nursing practice or demonstrate the need for change.
Job Duties of A Wound Care Nurse Manager
- Supports staff in the care of patients with wounds and collaborates with multidisciplinary care givers in revising treatment regimens.
- Demonstrates problem solving / critical thinking skills ensuring effective functioning of job performance.
- Assesses the educational needs of staff related to wound care, assigns their wound care competencies, and assists in providing educational programs for staff in coordination with the unit nurse manager / designee.
- Demonstrates competent technical wound management skills and communicate to the physicians.
- Teaches, supports, coaches and mentors nursing staff to promote evidence-based practice, knowledge, skills, and professional development related to wound care management.
- Liaises with hospital departments in monitoring standards of care relating to wound care management. Reviews appropriate policies, procedures, and updates according to evidence based, best practices.
- Assesses, plans, designs, implements, and evaluates educational programs for patients and families in preventative and self-care in relation to wound care techniques (Ostomy care, Negative Pressure Wound Therapy, wound dressing change, etc.)
- Performs sharp debridement.
- Visits patients requiring wound care management in a timely manner and evaluates care given. Reports findings to Team Leader and/or Nurse Manager / responsible physician as necessary, documents findings and plan of care in the EMR.
- Coordinates a multidisciplinary approach for an efficient wound care management.
- Participates in unit / departmental meetings and committees / projects as required.
- Chairs the Wound care link meetings and guides the link workers on best practices in wound care management.
- Manages inventory of wound care related equipment (Vac machines, wound cart, etc.)
- Coordinates with external vendors for the procurement of special dressings and consumables.
- Liaises with and updates the Physicians and multidisciplinary team for any significant changes in the plan of care of wounds.
- Takes part in the nursing orientation to orient about wound care services.
What You’ll Do More?
- Assesses staff’s skills for wound care management and provides additional training as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and the ability to render care and services based on needs, age appropriateness and developmental stage of patients.
- Performs wound care management in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures and best practice guidelines.
- Maintains accurate and thorough documentation following established standards.
- Liaises with Materials Management and the multidisciplinary clinical team to establish and maintain an appropriate line of wound care products for use with the AHD patient population.
- Attends Product Standardization Committee meetings as necessary to promote and advocate for appropriate wound care products.
- Conducts weekly Wound Care rounds in the inpatient areas along with the surgeon.
- Conducts daily unit rounds for a proactive planning of care of the patients in need.
- Provides input in the selection of Quality measures related to wound care and collects and analyses data accordingly.
- Shares Quality measures results and action plans with the unit Managers and follows up on the execution.
- Monitors incidence and prevalence of hospital’s pressure injuries.
- Reviews the reported incidences related to pressure injuries and determines if they are considered as HAPI, CAPI or excluded.
- See the patients in the wound care clinic, advise the management plan and collaborate with the physicians regarding the plan of care.
- Able to perform pre op stoma site marking, educate and prepare patients for self-stoma care.
- Able to manage all type of peristomal complications, all types of fistulas and drains.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing (duration not less than three years).
- At least 3 years experience in wound care management role.
- Minimum 3 years general medical / surgical / critical care experience.
- Certification in wound management from any recognised organisation.
- Certification as an Ostomy Management Specialist from any recognised organisation.
- BLS, ACLS certification.
- Current license to practice nursing.