Brunel is seeking applications from qualified and experience candidates for the job position of Well Test Supervisor/ Engineer in UAE. Established in 1975, Brunel has built a foundation of serving people in the Oil & Gas, Mining, Renewable Energy and Life Sciences industries. The Company offers a variety of services and solutions focused on supporting the individual needs of their Clients, Contractors, and Employees. Brunel is a strong global brand featuring more than 12,000 Employees worldwide, all connected by a global service Infrastructure built to provide the clients with real time answers, operational excellence, and proactive support.
Role of Well Test Supervisor
At Brunel UAE, a Well Test Supervisor / Engineer has the job responsibility to provide Planning and onsite support to the Well Operations Support Department prior to and during Completion, Well Intervention and Well Testing Operations.
Responsibilities of Well Test Supervisor
- Work closely with Completion and Well Test Engineers.
- Involve in close liaison with the Reservoir and Production Engineering team members.
- Occasionally work in the main office building to assist in planning for upcoming operations and longer-term projects.
- Supervise well site activities during completion, well intervention and well testing operations.
- Prepare detailed well test procedures and coordinate efforts with all relevant parties.
- Manage and administer well site operations to meet client’s requirements.
- Ensure that HSE requirements are integral to all aspects of operational activities.
- Ensure that all activities comply with company standards and governmental regulations.
- Produce clear and concise Operational Daily Reports and twice daily Operational Updates.
What you’ll do
- Update daily cost tracker for operations.
- Maintain a ‘lessons learned’ database and provide input to team on potential improvements.
- Provide Technical and Operational input to the specification of equipment and services utilized in completion, well intervention and well testing activities in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure that all work carried out is accurately and clearly documented and lessons learned are captured for future operational benefit.
- Ensure that equipment and service providers comply with any specified QA/QC requirements.
- Liaise with Production and Development personnel to ensure that reservoir requirements are captured, discussed and delivered as agreed.
- Build effective relationships and interact in a professional manner with other members of the Well Operations Support department and Company.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 10 years extensive Operational experience with Completion, well Intervention and well testing activities.
- Experience in Completion operations, Slickline – including standard operations and fishing (slick and braided line).
- Background in Coiled Tubing – including acid stimulation, CT milling and fishing, Electric line – including perforating and logging, Well Testing – Post stimulation Clean-ups, exploration well tests, DST, Offshore and onshore Well Test Operations experience.
- Experience of working in MENA environment in preferable.
Knowledge & Experience
- Good Understanding of cost management
- Ability to track equipment and personnel at well location.
- Good Interpersonal skills, necessary to establish a good working relationship with the various teams and service providers.
- Ability to work under pressure, with time constraints and ever moving goalposts.
- Ability to work independently and without constant supervision.
- Excellent written and spoken English Communication skills.