Jumeirah Group presently has job opening for eligible candidate for position of a Waiter. The aspiring candidate will work at Food & Beverage department of Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort (a subsidiary of Jumeirah Group) in Dubai. This job has been posted by Jumeirah Group on 21 September 2023 and is now open for all desirous candidates.
Job Purpose of A Waiter
A waiter’s job purpose is to provide excellent customer service by taking orders, serving food and beverages, and ensuring a pleasant dining experience for restaurant patrons.
Duties of A Waiter
- To follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
- To offer guests of the outlet an enjoyable, expertly served beverage/dining experience.
- To anticipate and service of guests’ requirements before requests is necessary.
- To serve and clear food and beverage items in an unobtrusive and professional manner.
- To be familiar with the beverage service including stemware used and appropriates garnishes.
- To utilize a “Captain’s Pad” correctly and for the sake of communication.
- To complete opening and closing side work as assigned and has all tables set according to standard.
- To present menus and explanations for all menu items as well as specials of the day.
- To present children’s menus, when appropriate, and describe specials.
- To utilize the hotel’s computer system ringing up sales, printing checks, closing checks and completing closing readings.
- To carry trays, bus and reset tables with linen, china, glass and silver.
- To change ashtrays, serve cigarettes, crumb tables and offer additional beverages and cigars.
- To ascertain a guest’s satisfaction and handle any problem, which may arise informing a manager of the problem and how it was resolved.
- To service all needs for private dining room or private function.
What You’ll Do More?
- To report any accident or guest complaint immediately, no matter how minor, to a manager.
- To recognize and address potential disruptive or undesirable guests.
- To respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- To move tables and chairs.
- To breakdown any buffets, displays or side stations when needed.
- To clean service area when needed.
- To perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management.
- To retrieve and stock all linen, china, silver, glassware and food and beverage items.
- To provide unobtrusive and professional service.
- To serve a dish to guests while explaining the contents and preparation.
- To provide water, bread and butter service throughout the meal to guests.
- To offer coffee or tea and serve any requested according to Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island standards.
- To report for duty 5 minutes before the scheduled time, clean and tidy and wearing the correct uniform.
- To carry and break down trays properly and safely.
- To clear tables and reset them for specific number of persons.
- To provide quick and attentive assistance to any mishap in the restaurant.
- To sweep/vacuum the floor before a shift if needed.
- To attends all the training subjects to the service colleagues and follows all rules and policies of the hotel.
- To handle cash and credit card procedures according to the guidelines of the accounting department.
- To identify potential problems and ask for assistance before breakdown occurs.
- To provide lateral service within the hotel whenever needed.
- Must be lead by example by demonstrating the Hallmarks and guiding principles in their role continuously.
- Must be able to perform any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
Who Can Apply?
- High School Diploma.
- 2-year minimum experience working in a multi cultural / 5 star hotel environment.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Ability to handle large restaurants and guest volumes on a daily basis.
- Should be able to work under pressure in a customer service environment.
About the Benefits
- An attractive tax free salary.
- Generous F&B benefits.
- Reduced hotel rates across the globe.
- Excellent leave and health care package.
- Flights home, life insurance and other employee benefits.