NMC Healthcare is seeking an experienced Consultant Urology / Urologist for job opening at NMC Royal Hospital in Abu Dhabi, UAE. NMC Healthcare is the largest private Healthcare company in the UAE. Over the last 48 years, NMC has earned the trust of millions because of its Personalized care, Genuine concern and a Sincere commitment to the overall Well-being of the communities it serves. NMC’s mission is to be the trusted Healthcare provider across the globe, driven by Excellence in Customized care offerings.
Role of Consultant Urology
A Urology Consultant / Specialist / Urologist at NMC Healthcare (Abu Dhabi, UAE) has the job role of providing Leadership, Direction and Coordination of the activities of the Urology Department to maintain proper Professional Procedures, to meet Company Standards and comply with the JCI. He will participate in the Planning and Implementation of integrated Preventive and Curative medical care programs.
Responsibilities of Consultant / Specialist Urology
- Provides Comprehensive and Diligent urological care to patients (in OPD & IP), including Pre- and Post-operative care
- Assumes After-hours responsibility for the care of surgical cases and makes daily rounds for those hospitalized.
- Refers to Specialists or consults with them on those cases which are beyond his skill or experience.
- Adheres to the by laws and Rules and Regulations of the Medical Department. Assures that work performed is in keeping with the Established Standards of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals.
- Consults with the Anesthetist on the choice of Anesthesia to be used.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of all assigned cases.
What you’ll do
- Participate in and contribute to in-service activities such as Lectures, Conferences and Rounds.
- Support Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Maintain Confidentiality regarding patient information and regarding Administrative matters of a Confidential nature.
- Develop Thorough Understanding of Policies and Procedures of the hospital.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Urologist.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from an Approved medical school plus Internship.
- Three years Residency in Urology-culminating in procuring a Post-Graduate Master’s degree and/or Equivalent Fellowships approved by HAAD.
- Five or more year’s exclusive practice of Urology since Certification.
- Must have HAAD License to practice.
- English is required to prepare Documentation and it is used as the common language to communicate with different Nationalities.
- Basic knowledge of medical Arabic desirable.
- Must have a Thorough Knowledge of Medical ethics.