University of Sharjah
An opportunity has arisen at University of Sharjah (UoS) for position of Tutor Clinical to join the Physiotherapy Department of their College of Health Sciences. UoS was established in 1997 with the aim and vision to contribute to the qualities shared by renowned universities around the world. The education and research programs they offer tend to be comprehensive and multi-disciplinary. UoS has 14 colleges and offers 122 programs across multiple academic disciplines. Courses are offered in a variety of fields ranging from Sharia and Law to Health Sciences, Medicine, Fine Arts and Design, Engineering and Communication. They also offer a wide range of degree programs at the diploma, BSc/BA, MSc/MA and Ph.D. levels as well as the Executive MBA (EMBA) program.
Job Purpose of A Tutor Clinical Physiotherapy
To provide students with high quality tutoring, training and development opportunities, as well as manage and organize assessment activities, as per the UOS policy and procedures and quality standards.
Your Duties As An Tutor Clinical Physiotherapy At College of Health Sciences UoS
- Ensure that clinical orientation occurs on the first day of the clinical experience.
- Conduct tutorial sessions to clinical students whenever needed.
- Create learning opportunities and develop approach that improves the clinical experience for students.
- Allocate realistic work load, which allows students to learn and practise their skills.
- Conduct clinical training sessions and ensure that students receive required supervision by the clinical site preceptors.
- Contribute in teaching and organizing clinical CME activities.
- Manage and keep track of student attendance and other student progress records.
- Complete both formative and summative assessment data as per the clinical assessment requirements for each course.
- Ensure that safety equipment and protective uniforms are being used while carrying out duties as required.
- Maintain and update laboratory inventory lists and order equipment & consumables.
- Organize and participate in clinical assessments including OSCEs.
- Facilitate small group sessions e.g. Patient centered learning (PBL) to help improve student performance.
- Assist in organizing student’s field visits and training in various clinical and community health facility.
- Report emergency or any matters of concern immediately to the related personnel in order to take action.
- Ensure the proper use and care of equipment and materials as per the College and UOS policy.
Who Can Apply?
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Physiotherapy.
- 2-4 years of UAE experience in same role.
- All (Priority for UAE Nationals).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare professional documents, in both Arabic and English.
- Ability to use a range of delivery techniques to engage the interest of students and inspire them to learn and improve their skills.
- Time management skills.
- Organization skills.
- Inquisitive mind and passion for work.
- Flexibility and ability to function as part of a team.
- Proficiency in MS office applications.