Etihad Rail UAE is presently looking for suitable candidate for job position of a Train Driver Freight Operation to work at Al Faya Depot. Etihad Rail was established in 2009, with mandate to manage development, construction and operation of the UAE’s national freight and passenger railway network. Built to the very highest international standards, Etihad Rail’s state of the art network acts as a catalyst for economic growth and sustained social development. The railway has redefined logistics and transport in the region, providing a modern, safe, efficient & sustainable network that connects the seven emirates of the UAE to its neighboring GCC countries. The cost effective railway network incorporates energy efficiency and sustainability while providing unique solutions for freight movement, distribution, handling, logistics and clearances.
Job Purpose of Train Driver Freight Operation
- Responsible for the safe, reliable and efficient movement of trains on the Etihad Rail network.
- The Train driver is in charge of and responsible for driving the locomotives, as well as the mechanical operation of the train, train speed and all train handling.
- The Train Driver may be called upon to inspect trains, report defects, carry out repairs, refuel locomotives and shunt rolling stock both within Mirfa yard and in set off tracks along the line.
Job Duties of A Train Driver Freight Operation
- Deliver high levels of service performance in the promotion of safe working conditions and practices so as to ensure a safe working environment for all employees and Contractors operating on Etihad Rail infrastructure.
- Ensure the safe, reliable and punctual movements of trains, in both normal and degraded circumstances are performed to requirements of the Etihad Rail Safety Management System.
- Create and deliver plans to continuously develop the skills and knowledge of new entrants.
- Identify and record all irregularities including equipment faults and failures and implement actions to address.
- Provide real time information updates to the Senior Train Driver and Operations Manager on performance and safety related matters.
- Liaise with customer facility staff as necessary to promote a safe and reliable and punctual operation.
- Support the training and development of new entrants to the industry.
- Maintain current train driver competence.
- Carry out shunting and train preparation duties as required to deliver maintenance and service plan.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree or High School certificate.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in driving Heavy Haul Locomotive with zero safety incidents.
Knowledge & Skills Desired
- Knowledge of OHS standard.
- Knowledge of European Train Control System (ETCS).
- Knowledge of competence management systems.
- Knowledge of ECP braking system.
- Diesel electric traction knowledge.
- Current competency in freight / passenger train driving.
- Good in English.
- UAE driving license.
- Good planning skills.
- Analytical skills.
- IT literate.