Etihad Rail presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for the position of a Train Controller to work at Al Faya Depot. Established in 2009, with mandate to manage development, construction and operation of the UAE’s national freight and passenger railway network. Built to the very highest international standards, Etihad Rail’s state of the art network acts as a catalyst for economic growth and sustained social development. The railway has redefined logistics and transport in the region, providing a modern, safe, efficient and sustainable network that connects the seven emirates of the UAE to its neighboring GCC countries. The cost effective railway network incorporates energy efficiency and sustainability while providing unique solutions for freight movement, distribution, handling, logistics and clearances.
Job Purpose of Train Controller
Responsible for the safe and efficient movement of trains on the ERDB network and provides professional continuity through periods of disruption.
Your Duties As A Train Controller At Etihad Rail
- Maintain a high profile in the promotion of safe working conditions and practices so as to ensure a safe working environment for all employees, third parties and Contractors operating on Etihad Rail DB infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance with all rules, SOPs & regulations.
- Coordinate movement of trains according to operating plan and customer needs.
- Direct and coordinate rail traffic, issue permits and movement authorities, monitor all rail movements and maintain computerized records of all activities.
- Ensure the safe, reliable and punctual movement of trains in both normal and degraded circumstances.
- Implement specific instructions as may be deemed necessary by the Train Control Supervisor.
- Liaise with Track & Facilities management team and Operations Planner in matters related to possession management and maintenance windows.
- Provide real time information updates to Train Control Supervisor on performance and safety related matters.
- Liaise with customer control rooms as necessary.
- Communicate with personnel on weather or any environmental conditions affecting train movements.
- Act as mentor to new Operations Control Centre staff.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelors Degree or High School certificate.
- Experience in writing control instruction.
- Experience with specialized computer dispatching equipment.
Knowledge & Skills Desired
- Knowledge of applicable discipline based railway standards.
- Knowledge of VDU based signaling and control centre operations.
- Knowledge of European Train Control System (ETCS).
- Knowledge of competence management systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and in emergency situations.
- Good memory for learning safety procedures and regulations.
- Be able to concentrate for long periods on detailed information.