Etihad Rail UAE presently requires suitable candidate for job position of a Terminal Operator to work at Ruwais Freight Facility, Abu Dhabi. Etihad Rail was established in 2009, with mandate to manage development, construction & operation of the UAE’s national freight and passenger railway network. Built to highest international standards, Etihad Rail’s state of the art network acts as a catalyst for economic growth and sustained social development. The railway has redefined logistics and transport in the region, providing a modern, safe, efficient & sustainable network that connects the seven emirates of the UAE to its neighboring GCC countries. The cost effective railway network incorporates energy efficiency and sustainability while providing unique solutions for freight movement, distribution, handling, logistics and clearances.
Job Purpose of A Terminal Operator
- Carry out tasks to maintain the work environment in a high state of cleanliness.
- The role is responsible for the direct oversight of train loading / unloading, marshalling and shunting activities.
- Accountable for safety, integrity and security of train loads dispatched from their point of origin.
Your Duties As A Terminal Operator
- Train preparation, shunting and marshalling.
- Train pre departure safety check.
- Load examination of trains.
- Train dispatch.
- Operation manual route setting equipment.
- Problem solving and reporting.
- Monitoring the loading/unloading of trains.
- Operation of train loading and unloading equipment as required, including liaising with the Yard Foreman to ensure MHE cleaning is performed between product types.
- Observes loading of conveyance to determine conformance to loading patterns and to prevent shifting or damage to materials or products during transit.
- Responsible for the effective handover to the relieving controller (shift handover) of the current rail and equipment status, abnormal events, faults, ongoing maintenance activities & outstanding works.
- Data input as required to support service delivery.
- Real time reporting of service affecting issues.
- Standard High School Education.
- Previous rail experience preferred but not essential.
- Fresh candidates can apply.
- Advanced level of written and verbal skills in English.
- Problem solving with ability to use IT systems.
- Ensure compliance with ER Rulebook and applicable procedures and instructions.
- Safety focused.
- Highly motivated and committed to work.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Prepared to meet shift and weekend work requirements.