Jumeirah Marsa Al Arab presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for the position of a Technician (Engineering) in Dubai, UAE. Established in 1997, Jumeirah Group is a luxury hospitality company which operates a world class 6,500 key port folios of 23 luxury properties across Middle East, Europe and Asia. The group boasts some of the most prestigious and captivating properties in the world. From the iconic hotel and time less pinnacle of luxury, Burj Al Arab Jumeirah to modern twist on a British classic in the heart of Knightsbridge at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah, Jumeirah’s name is synonymous with service excellence, crafting exceptional experiences for everyone who walks through its doors. Beyond its properties and resorts, Jumeirah Group is also dedicated to destination dining experiences, combining most authentic & diverse cuisines.
Job Purpose of A Technician
A Technician’s job purpose is to diagnose, repair, and maintain various technical equipment or systems.
Duties of A Technician
- Supporting to set up the function and role during Pre-Opening phase.
- Working closely between the Hotel and our Residences to support any operational needs as per the job description.
- Understand the complaints/issues, carry out all the relevant equipment’s to the site, diagnose the situation and the repair needs, carry out repair, replacement and maintenance works as directed/needed.
- Respond to all inquiries in a courteous and professional manner; provide information within the area of assignment; resolve complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Complete work orders, PPMs, CWAs as directed.
- Select correct materials from engineering stores and enter logs of the materials collected.
- Organize work and equipment’s in a skilled and professional manner.
- Maintain logs for all work performed while on duty within the department and those in other departments as required.
- Respond to work orders or room/site inspection and report any damage observed to the team leaders and propose resolution.
- Highlight problems outside remit and seek guidance and direction to resolve them.
- Ensure adherence to safe working conditions and highlight any issues that may lead to unsafe working conditions.
- Ensure that work areas are left in a safe and tidy condition and housekeeping is informed if further cleaning is required.
- Ensures that all the operating equipment and necessary materials are available and clean prior to the commencement of service.
- Attend all training sessions and meetings on a consistent and regular basis.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management and reporting manager regular basis while also coordinating with the other hotel departments.
Who Can Apply?
- Diploma or certificate programs in relevant field.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in hotel engineering field.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Able to work with tight deadlines and under pressure due to intensive preopening phase.
- General Knowledge about Mechanical & Plumbing.
- Capability to organize and execute preventive maintenance schedules.
About the Benefits
- An attractive tax free salary.
- Generous F&B benefits.
- Reduced hotel rates across the globe.
- Excellent leave and health care package.
- Flights home, life insurance and other employee benefits.