Abu Dhabi National Oil Company, ADNOC presently has a job opening for position of a Technician Corrosion .This job is based in UAE and desirous candidates with relevant experience can apply for this position to be part of ADNOC.
Job Purpose of Technician Corrosion
Carry out field measurements and tests on corrosion mitigation/control and integrity activities in the assigned operational areas (Fields and Terminals) in compliance with the Company standards, procedures and international standards.
Responsibilities of Technician Corrosion
- Performs corrosion tests/surveys on production facilities (Fields and Terminals) includes but not limited to wells, flowlines, pipelines, piping, vessels, tanks, storage tanks, flares, subsea lines, SPM, columns, Heaters, Coolers, Heat Exchangers and any other utilities facilities built to support oil, gas, water production / injection in compliance with ADNOC standards and procedures.
- Carries out Cathodic Protection-CP (sacrificial and impressed current) monitoring surveys/programs on wells, buried structures, main oil lines, trunk/transfer lines, marine structure, tanks, vessels.
- Check system integrity, adjust and troubleshooting as required. (cable terminals, current, voltage, interferences, CP controllers, solar panels, CP transformers)
- Carries out base potential surveys/soil resistivity surveys and arrange for anode, transformer / rectifier and current control box installation and maintenance.
- Carries out coating inspection and implement the coating repair and painting programs.
- Ensures the availability of required materials, tools and equipment required for testing and surveys and report to superior any shortfalls.
- Supervises/directs the contractor personnel and report work progress.
- Carries out wellhead surface casing inspection and follow up repairs as required.
- Attends intelligent pigging surveys (IPS) on Main oil lines, transfer lines and trunk lines. Perform inspection of IPS anomalies as required.
Who Can Apply?
- Degree or Technical Diploma in Engineering, Vocational Trade Certificate or relevant education.
- At least 5 years experience in the same or similar role working in an oil and gas industry.
- Hands-on experience in Coating, CP, Corrosion Monitoring Retrieval and other relevant field in corrosion.