Wood UAE is presently looking for suitably qualified candidate for job position of a Technical Safety Engineer to join their Engineering team in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Established in 1910, Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. It provides consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries including UAE. It has a large diverse work force employing around 35,000 people, delivering various services to clients in energy, industrial and infra structure sectors.
Job Purpose of Technical Safety Engineer
- Carry out the HSE related activities for various oil & gas projects.
- Assume significant technical responsibility and manage the day to day execution of the project activities.
Duties of A Technical Safety Engineer
- Prepare and review deliverables to meet specific project requirements including project HSE Plan, HSE philosophies, fire & gas system specifications, active & passive fire protection, fire fighting layouts, fire and gas detection layouts, safety key plans.
- Fire Protection and Engineering Design experience including preparation of fire water PIDs, performance of fire water demand calculations, performance of fire water hydraulic modelling using PIPENET or similar, performance of passive fire protection studies and drawings, preparation of fire and gas Detection layouts, safety equipment layouts, safety signage.
- Producing and reviewing specifications, data sheets, schedules, study reports and design calculations.
- Coordinating with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre commissioning and start-up.
- Attend client meetings and communicate issues with lead/Senior engineer as required.
- Participating in project HAZOP, HAZID, SIL studies, and other safety workshops.
- Able to perform Physical Hazard Effects (PHE) modelling using PHAST (or similar) as required.
- Performance of emergency escape, evacuation and rescue studies.
- Preparation of tender bid evaluations and assessment of bids for procured fire and safety equipment.
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Ensure self awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments.
- Provide assistance in Manhours estimation and scheduling for project proposals.
- Strong commitment to safety.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Chemical / loss prevention / environmental.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in technical safety in oil & gas Industry.
- Minimum of 3 years proven capability in an engineering organization
- Experience of concept / FEED / detailed design project phases.
- Experience of working with multi national and multi cultural project teams.
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East pojects would be an advantage.