Majid Al Futtaim
Majid Al Futtaim, also known as MAF is currently accepting applications for the job post of Tax Manager / Consultant in UAE. MAF is an Emirati holding company based in Dubai, UAE. It owns & operates shopping malls, leisure establishments and retail in the MENA region. The group was established in 1992 and manages three major operating subsidiaries, Majid Al Futtaim Ventures, Majid Al Futtaim Properties and Majid Al Futtaim Retail. MAF Retail establishes and manages supermarkets, hypermarkets, fashion and specialty retail stores. The company has over 40,000 team members in 15 International markets representing over 100 Nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything they do.
Role of Tax Manager
At MAF (UAE), the job role of a Tax Manager / Consultant is to work closely with the Corporate team, Businesses teams and various Service Providers. The Taxation Officer shall take full ownership of all the Tax Compliance, filing, Accounting and Documentation. Further, he will support all the business teams in Advisory and Compliance matters for the Majid Al-Futtaim Group.
Duties of Tax Manager
- Develop and Implement the Tax Governance Framework & Tax Strategy aligned with the Group’s objectives.
- Develop and Implement various policies and solutions to optimize the tax function and bring Tax Efficiency/ Savings in the overall process.
- Regularly provide key tax updates across different regions and elaborate the impact on the group.
- Lead the team to Implement the changes in the It/ Erp Systems to align the tax requirements. Implement any Tax Automation projects.
- Provide support in ensuring all tax related documentation, statutory records, registers are maintained as per legal requirements.
- Provide support in all the ongoing tax projects of the group. Manage all the Tax Consultants across different territories.
- Address any key issues identified while reviewing and submitting the periodic tax compliances.
- Support the corporate and local teams on all operational aspects for Tax Compliance and advisory.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 8 Years Of Similar Experience, Having Worked In A Tax Environment In A Large Organization, Leading Regional Tax Matters.
- Bachelor’S Degree In Finance/Accounting Is A Must.
- Having Work In A Big 4 Audit Firm Is Recommended Or Any Tax Consulting Role.
Knowledge & Skills
- Having Knowledge Of Real Estate Sector is Desirable.
- Analytical and Problem Solving skills.
- Effective Communication and Interpersonal skills.