Chalhoub Group is seeking a qualified and experienced candidate for the job of Senior Tax Associate / Officer in Dubai, UAE. Established in 1955, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group is the largest retail operator in the Middle East as well. It has over 14,000 employees in 14 countries and more than 700 retail stores. Blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, the Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers.
Job Role of Tax Associate / Officer at Chalhoub Group Dubai (UAE)
The Senior tax associate will embed a culture of compliance in the Group’s Commercial and Finance operations. The Tax Compliance Officer will ensure Group Tax Department’s policies, processes and SOPs are carried out appropriately by Accounting and Commercial Departments.
- Advise the Business in structuring transactions through tax technical analysis and providing solutions that are compliant with tax regulations.
- Performing tax health checks, tax Compliance procedures, issues Identification and Resolution.
- Monthly/quarterly WHT return filing.
- Corporate tax provision calculation, deferred tax calculations, return preparation and filing.
- Transfer pricing disclosure form, local file and master file preparation support.
- Support with Tax Implementation project in UAE and Pillar 2 Implementation.
- Under the Supervision of the tax manager, ensure that Group Tax Department objectives are met.
- Escalate complex problems to country finance/accounting and follow up to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in a timely manner.
Your Duties as Tax Associate
- Perform procedures to ensure core Accounting processes of AP, AR, Treasury are compliant with VAT / tax / other Policies and Guidelines set by the Group.
- Review Transactions and Documents to ensure compliance with VAT / tax / other regulations. Escalate incorrect treatments.
- Represent the companies in communications with tax authorities when required during tax inspections and / or audits.
- Ensure to have tax audit files ready for periodic/annual tax audit.
- Tax disclosures for Financial statements.
Education & Experience
- A degree/Qualification in Accounting and/or tax (ADIT, CTA, ACCA, CA, CPA).
- 3 – 4 years of experience in the same field.
- Ideally experience working in the tax compliance and advisory department in a professional services firm.
- Experience with tax implementation projects.
- Experienced in Corporate tax and Withholding tax, preferably gained in a big 4 professional services firm.
Knowledge & Skills
- Intermediate knowledge of GCC VAT and customs, International tax principles, transfer pricing and OECD initiatives (BEPS).
- Knowledge to support Tax Reconciliations with accouynting records.
- Demonstrate good Organizational and project management skills.
- Good Communication Skills.