Chalhoub Group is presently seeking motivated & desirous candidate for the job opening of Tailor in Abu Dhabi, UAE. For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavor to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its Distribution and Marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 International brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewelry, and eyewear.
Purpose of A Tailor
Responsible for various alteration tasks as per the customers’ needs and requests, and as reported by the sales staff, within the agreed upon deadline.
Your Job Duties As A Tailor
- Fit and study garments on customers to determine required alterations.
- Measure parts such as sleeves or pant legs, and mark or pin-fold alteration lines.
- Take up or let down hems to shorten or lengthen garment parts such as sleeves.
- Let out or take in seams in suits and other garments to improve fit.
- Record required alterations and instructions on tags, and attach them to garments.
- Examine tags on garments to determine alterations that are needed.
- Fit, alter, repair, and make made-to-measure clothing, according to customers’ and clothing manufacturers’ specifications and fit, and applying principles of garment design, construction, and styling.
- Inform sales executives if the alteration would be possible.
- Coordinate with them for details of the alteration.
- Inform the customers about when it will be fixed.
- Purchase the needed materials for various tasks.
Who Can Apply?
- Professional qualification.
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Experience in tailoring with luxury brands and clothing.
- Flexibility and agility.