Emirates General Petroleum Corporation (Emarat) presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for position of a Supply Chain Officer (Fuel) in Dubai. This job is recently posted on company’s website and aspiring candidates with relevant experience and knowledge can apply for this job to be part of this globally renowned company.
Job Purpose of Supply Chain Officer
To conduct Fuel Supply Chain inventory stock progression forecasts and reconciliation and perform demand forecasting analysis through the use models and algorithms, in compliance with Emarat policies and procedures, while tracking relevant performance metrics, and recommend supply nominations align with company’s strategy.
Responsibilities of Supply Chain Officer
- Calculates inventory stock progression forecasts and estimate fuel exposure to market conditions.
- Recommends supply nominations positions to optimize the inventory aligned with company’s strategy.
- Collaborates with retail and commercial business units to design, develop and monitor demand forecasting using linear and nonlinear models.
- Works within a limited variety of well defined procedures and practices (not necessarily standardized) and is supervised on progress and results by manager.
- Gathers data, analyses, and reports findings.
- Conducts analyses to solve relatively standardized or repetitive information and data queries or problems.
- Identifies shortcomings in current processes, systems and procedures and makes suggestions and gives input to improve existing methods, systems, and procedures.
- Supports stakeholders in understanding analyses / outcomes, guides based on basic data analysis.
- Analyses performance or effectiveness / back tests of the forecasting model and identify multiple factors driving position and profit and loss changes and provide insight to stakeholders of risk data for context.
- Analyses company spend, supply market data, and other related commercial information to drive value from supply activities and develop sourcing/negotiation strategies.
- Develops analytical reports to support fuel chain processes.
- Identifies business insights from analysing various data sources.
- Evaluates external market conditions, internal spend reports, identifying risks, developing effective cost reduction models.
- Identifies efficiency improvements in supply chain management.
- Conducts Supplier performance management.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelors degree in Economics, Business, or Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in quantitative analysis and modelling.
- Previous Fuel Supply Chain nomination, planning, purchasing, buying, sourcing experience is required.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Advanced knowledge of supply/demand dynamics, deal structures, demand forecasting, stress testing and scenario analysis.
- Strong understanding of market structure, logistics, contracts setup with suppliers.
- Knowledgeable on market risk with a good understanding of market risk fundamentals (P&L, exposure, VaR, stress testing.