Chalhoub Group is accepting applications from interested candidates for the post of Sub-Editor in Dubai, UAE. Chalhoub Group has been a partner of luxury experiences in the Middle East since 1955. The Group is moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere. Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries. The cohesive efforts of employees in the Group made it ranked third in the Middle East as a great place to work. In their endeavor to Excellence, the Fundamental values all Employees possess are Commitment, Integrity, Empathy and Flexibility.
Purpose of Sub-Editor
A Sub-Editor at Chalhoub Group will write Product Information and Description for all products across the Brand’s under e-commerce websites. The Sub-Editor will also input set volumes of product information daily, as well as write small pieces of Editorial descriptive copy of the item itself. This includes the USP, fabric information, fit type, and functional information to the excel docs and internal system. They will occasionally write short descriptions and some marketing call outs when required by the brands (less frequent).
Responsibilities of Sub-Editor
- Work closely with the Styling manager to to set the tone of voice per brand in line with the brands requirements and styling direction.
- Sub-Editor will be responsible for overseeing the tone of voice as well as QCing the Writing, Descriptions and Recorded information by the Junior Copy Writers both in Arabic and English writing.
- Work with the Styling manager to to set the tone of voice per brand in line with the brands requirements and styling direction.
- Responsible for overseeing the tone of voice from junior Copy Writers.
What you’ll do
- Work from a daily Spreadsheet to write Product Information and Descriptions for all products across the site, this will be across fashion and Home-ware.
- Input product information including wash care, fabric composition, dimensions/length into excel sheets ready for upload.
- Work closely with the E-Commerce styling teams to ensure product information is up to date, correct, and reflects product itself as well as with the Photography team that the same is seen in the imagery.
- Work to tight Deadlines – all products on daily lists must be complete by the end of each working day.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the Buying and Merchandising teams to ensure correct product information is placed online.
- Maintain Awareness of SEO impacts on Product Descriptions and titles. Work with Digital Marketing team to ensure correct terms are used where applicable.
- Keep a copy style guide updated with new terms and descriptions.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma.
- A Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience with at least 1 years in a similar role.
- Experience in a variety of studio settings ranging from E-commerce to Editorial.
Knowledge & Skills
- Rigorous Knowledge of fashion and home brands worldwide and in the region.
- Rigorous Knowledge of fabrics, care instructions and fit of garments.
- Sharp eye for detail and consistency.
- Excellent ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively.