Stantec presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for the position of a Structural Engineer in Abu Dhabi, UAE. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. It collaborates across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Their team works as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when Stantec takes on a project, it sees the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where it has worked. Stantec is an active member of the communities it serves. That’s why it always designs with a community in mind. Since growing a great design company happens from the inside out.
Job Purpose of A Structural Engineer
The job purpose of a Structural Engineer is to design and analyze the integrity of buildings and structures, ensuring they can withstand loads and stresses while meeting safety standards.
Your Job Duties As A Structural Engineer At Stantec Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Manage multiple projects.
- Manage and meet stated customer initiated deadlines.
- Review Contractor’s submittals civil or structural shop drawing, material submittals, method statement, design calculations and test reports.
- Manage meetings with Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
- Assist the Project Manager in providing technical inputs in response to Contractor letters.
- Manage and train the Site Inspectors.
- Coordinate with all project disciplines and project builders work.
- Site inspections and site quality observations.
- Share technical knowledge and experiences with the team.
- Display a high level of professional behavior.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Must be goal orientated.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be proactive and energetic.
- Must be creative.
- Knowledge of Structural Analysis and Design software (e.g. ETABS, SAFE, STAAD, etc) and Revit & AutoCAD.
- Familiar with International Codes of Practice for Structural Design as well as Local Authorities rules and regulations.