Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is currently hiring Sterile Processing Technician in UAE. Interested candidates from all backgrounds can apply for this position. The applicants are required to possess current and active National License along with keen knowledge of medical terminology.
Role of Sterile Processing Technician
This position is responsible for inspecting, assembling and sterilizing all basic and specialized complex instrumentation and for the operating rooms, procedural areas, ambulatory clinics/emergency department, and nursing units.
Responsibilities of Sterile Processing Technician
- Receives contaminated instrumentation and decontaminates and sterilizes equipment.
- Resolves problems pertaining to damaged instruments and/or notifies supervisor.
- Assembles and packages instrumentation and performs sterilization process for highly specialized equipment.
- Completes and maintains appropriate records and logs relating to instrument or equipment processing and sterilization to ensure that quality standards have been met.
- Determines decontamination processing and sterilization methods that will ensure that minimum damage occurs and meeting of quality standards.
- Provides technical expertise for all internal and external customers of CCAD.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of technical data and product information on instruments and equipment.
- Prioritizes tasks and builds case carts to support the needs of the operating room.
- Responds quickly to urgent situations.
- Performs receiving, stocking and inventory functions for supplies related to case carts.
- Performs instrument and asset tracking.
Education & Experience
- Associate degree in a health-related field with emphasis on Microbiology.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Sterile Services (CSSD) field in a healthcare environment.
- Current National License is mandatory.
Knowledge & Skills
- Current knowledge of CSSD systems, management, quality, assurance and procedures.
- Understanding of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of sterilization processes and techniques and medical terminology in order to interpret the needs of users.
- Ability to perform mathematical functions associated with sterilization and instrumentation processes.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.