Etihad Rail UAE presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for position of a Station Area Manager to work at Dubai Industrial City. Etihad Rail was established in 2009, with mandate to manage development, construction & operation of the UAE’s national freight and passenger railway network. Built to highest international standards, Etihad Rail’s state of the art network acts as a catalyst for economic growth and sustained social development. The railway has redefined logistics and transport in the region, providing a modern, safe, efficient & sustainable network that connects the seven emirates of the UAE to its neighboring GCC countries. The cost effective railway network incorporates energy efficiency and sustainability while providing unique solutions for freight movement, distribution, handling, logistics and clearances.
Job Purpose of A Station Area Manager
- Oversee Northern group of passenger Railway stations which include Dubai, Sharjah and Fujairah.
- Responsible throughout the Project startup phase for defining and implementing the operational processes for Passenger Stations.
- Play an instrumental part in the start up of stations and the customer experience throughout the project delivery phase, including the recruitment of customer facing staff, training, testing and commissioning.
- Accountable for the daily performance of a cluster of Stations in the Northern Emirates, and therefore the role will require travel on a frequent basis.
Your Duties As A Station Area Manager
- Develop and present the station services strategy for approval.
- Define Job description, prepare recruitment, onboarding and training plans for station staff roles in readiness for Day 1 services.
- Act as the Station Management lead on Fit for Purpose Station review workshops.
- Develop and undertake work processes and test procedures to ensure operational readiness of stations.
- Oversee all station operations to ensure a flawless customer experience, including station cleanliness and maintenance.
- Manage station resources and maintenance budgets effectively.
- Foster a culture of hospitality and superior customer service.
- Lead, mentor and manage a team of front line customer facing staff working across various functions at the stations.
- Directly accountable for establishing staff KPIs and monitoring their performance through a Competence Management framework.
- Collaborate with other Station Area Managers and the senior management team to devise policies and strategies aiming to continually enhance station functionality and customer experience.
- Ensure all health, safety and regulatory standards are adhered to in the stations and its facilities.
- Develop emergency response plans, conduct drills and coordinate necessary training for staff.
- Work with the senior management team on strategic planning and budgeting.
- Provide regular written reports on station performance metrics and financials.
- Develop strong community relationships and act as the company’s representative in the area. Participate in local events and stakeholder meetings.
- Act as the local Etihad Rail lead in Event Management ensuring that stations are sufficiently resourced and prepared during major events and national holidays.
- Act as the accountable budget holder for a cluster of stations & oversee procurement of bought services, equipment & resources.
- Develop a set of requirements for inclusion in the soft cleaning services for stations and onboard.
- Perform On call duties as part of a team of on call managers, to support the front line teams during service disruption, incidents and major events.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelors degree in business administration or equivalent qualification in Transportation or related field is essential.
- Minimum of 15 yrs experience in management, preferably in rail or mass transit environments.
- Demonstrated experience of managing multiple external stakeholders & contractor as part of a wider programme of delivery.
- High level of experience in developing and executing resource plans.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of people management.
- High level customer service orientation with an understanding of the hospitality industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- English speaking with excellent written, verbal and Microsoft office skills.
- Excellent planning, project management and organisational structuring skills.